Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Shame on you BBC!!!.

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
jem60

Shame on you BBC!!!.

Post by jem60 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:46 pm

I switched on the 6 o'clock news on BBC1, as usual, today, to discover that the MOST IMPORTANT THING happening in the world at this time was that Arsene Wenger is standing down as Arsenal's manager. I was vitriolic with anger!!. Who the hell cares [no offence to football fans] but in World events, this is completely unimportant, and should be at the end of the serious stuff. I then endured 9 whole minutes of his life as a manager, when people were being sentenced for acid attacks,coverage of the Commonwealth Leaders Summit, and various other important world items!!. The BBC did this also when Gareth Bale signed for some foreign team. THE most important item in that broadcast!!. Fortunately, I no longer have to pay for my T.V. Licence, so I don't have to endure the celebrity carp that makes up much of modern television. At least, sometimes, there are good series on Sky Atlantic, and better news coverage on Sky News!!. Sorry for rant. Just EXTREMELY angry about todays 6pm news!!!.

YellowBelly

Re: Shame on you BBC!!!.

Post by YellowBelly » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:44 pm

agree mate, there are various government scandals unfolding and the BBC (and most other Journalists) are not holding them to account.

the more the government slag off Russia the more our journalism becomes like the Russian state, its a disgrace.
Last edited by Gary on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Text speech

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:54 pm

The public gets what the public wants! I'm afraid the most important thing in Joe-average life is usually football; hence the BBC reflecting that. But annoying for those who have no interest in it and find other items - politics, wars, famine - more important.

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Can I just say as an Arsenal fan, today's news is imperative for the Club and of great interest to me.
Agreed, not the main topic for consideration, but deservedly well ahead of the Commonwealth endorsed, pre-decided vote mandate...
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

Dan D'Air

Post by Dan D'Air » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Jem 60, shake my hand mate.
I was also so angry that my wife told me to calm down. I was furious. I turned the news off.
Then, at 6.30 ITV led with it also.
Jeez. I'm still furious and I'll tell them up the pub later.
Dan
"Shakin the tree boss, shakin the tree"

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Yes there is more important news going about, but for once this is a bit of something for some to celebrate which is quite welcome just now!

jem60

Post by jem60 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:04 pm

I do understand that it is of great interest what happens at Arsenal. My no.2 daughter is a huge fan. I just felt that leading with a sports item was not the way the BBC should have reported it. Sport IMHO should be last, not first. [I am a big sports fan, but not for football! It stars with F and has a 1 after it.] :)

C24

Post by C24 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:14 am

Ah! The BBC. Hasn't it grown into a wonderful organisation? It/they ought to add a number of food outlets to the operation as it has become such a gravy train. The licence fee should be reduce to almost zero, perhaps £0.05p per person and salaries reduced at a similar rate.
TV presenters should be reduced in size to a small avatar in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen & linked to the mute button. (I.e. Press the mute and the avatar disappears). In my humble opinion they spoil the view.
As for the practice of walking towards the camera gesturing with both hands in a boob balancing fashion...
As for Arsenal, the last time I watched them play (against Sheffield Wednesday - John Charles was in the team) it was a game of soccer. Saracens play football.
Well! I enjoyed a good morning grump ;) thanks jem60

P.s. The Royal Navy could be celebrating 109 years of aviation if it still had sufficient aircraft :)
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:17 am

The national broadcaster has become a dinosaur, we need it to disappear and become extinct, then shove it in a museum somewhere. It has become the purveyor of often fake news, where some face blah-blah's on the screen making something of nothing. It has dumbed down and become condescending as if their audience knows nothing and they (the BBC) know it all - akin to masters of the universe. When a broadcaster starts flying helicopters over people's houses in order to fabricate some lie, you know it's desperado time.

Oliver Cromwell would have had a message for them - Quote "You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" Unquote.

Scrap the licence fee and make them earn their keep amongst all the others.

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 am

Oh my word, we'll be bringing the Daily Mail into question next...
:P

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:42 am

No, Reheat!. I don't know anything about comics!!. :) :)
Last edited by jem60 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:43 am

And this DJ who's died,no Tony Blackburn was he .
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:10 am

reheat module wrote:Oh my word, we'll be bringing the Daily Mail into question next...
And.... just to put this into perspective
Top headline currently in the DM, despite all the current events
"HM Pushes the button to start the London Marathon!"
I rest my case...(in despair)

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:21 am

reheat module wrote:
reheat module wrote:Oh my word, we'll be bringing the Daily Mail into question next...
And.... just to put this into perspective
Top headline currently in the DM, despite all the current events
"HM Pushes the button to start the London Marathon!"
I rest my case...(in despair)
Along other papers which have Pippa Middleton all over the front because she's pregnant, or Meghan because she hasn't invited her uncles to the wedding of the century.
They all dish out crap - along with a 30 page football pullout every Monday. The great British public lap it up!

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Totally agree with all the above posts :Wow:

Bollo: he was just some overrated Swedish **** who played nothing but crap and was an alky (or so it seems) :whistle:

Waits for tirade of abuse, but doesn't give a sh!t :lol:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Whoever planned the Queen’s birthday party at the RAH last night should be screaming in agony on a rack in The Tower. It was atrocious from start to finish.

woody

Post by woody » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Re the above

I watched about 10 minutes and promptly switched off. One of my gripes about these shows is the constant hand clapping during the music which seems to drown it out, especially as it is mostly out of sync. Not sure what The Queen thought, most of the time she seemed to be reading the programme. Maybe I am just getting old and grumpy.

Woody

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:08 pm

I actually complained to the BBC last week as not on any news or sports reports did they mention the Passing of 6 times speedway world champion Ivan Mauger. I know speedway is not everybody's cup of tea, but this man was legend in his own lifetime, riding when speedway was attracting as big a crowd as any football match, and surely he deserved a mention on one of the sports reports.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:18 pm

woody wrote:Re the above

I watched about 10 minutes and promptly switched off. One of my gripes about these shows is the constant hand clapping during the music which seems to drown it out, especially as it is mostly out of sync. Not sure what The Queen thought, most of the time she seemed to be reading the programme. Maybe I am just getting old and grumpy.

Woody
I wonder what the Queen must think; she surely didn't want to be listening to crap like that!
Alfie wrote:I actually complained to the BBC last week as not on any news or sports reports did they mention the Passing of 6 times speedway world champion Ivan Mauger. I know speedway is not everybody's cup of tea, but this man was legend in his own lifetime, riding when speedway was attracting as big a crowd as any football match, and surely he deserved a mention on one of the sports reports.
If he was a footballer it would have been on the main news. One time the BBC sports news covered a wider variety of sports, but now they just stick to a select few. There was hardly a mention on the BBC about Eric Bristow the other week.

eagle driver

Post by eagle driver » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Glad to find that I am not alone on thinking the BBC should be relegated to the history books. Overpaid presenters dishing out garbage , refuse to watch anything on there any more along with ITV tele just not worth the bother .
They think they can feed us Garbage and we should be happy with that .

Return to “General Chat”