Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Putin's election speech Russia now has invincible missile

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
welshandy

Putin's election speech Russia now has invincible missile

Post by welshandy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:11 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43239331

"Using grand video presentations. he showcased the new missile - saying it could not be stopped by the US shield in Europe and Asia - and an underwater drone.

In the televised speech to a joint sitting of both houses of parliament, he encouraged citizens to suggest names for the two systems.

He said the warhead was "a low-flying, difficult-to-spot cruise missile with a nuclear payload with a practically unlimited range and an unpredictable flight path, which can bypass lines of interception and is invincible in the face of all existing and future systems of both missile defence and air defence."

Sparts99

Re: Putin's election speech Russia now has invincible missil

Post by Sparts99 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:02 pm

That's quite a claim. How can anyone possibly claim no future defence system will be able to stop it? Practically unlimited range? Take those two out and you've got an 80's vintage cruise missile. Electioneering blather I'd say.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Dan D'Air

Post by Dan D'Air » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:45 pm

I reckon that I saw a Su57 on a piece of news coverage of the Syrian situation, a few days ago.
I wonder what Trump will respond with?
Dan
"Shakin the tree boss, shakin the tree"

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:07 pm

looks like it was deployed for two days

https://www.rt.com/news/420188-russian- ... ets-syria/
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Yeah, right Mr. Putin. And I'm related to Elizabeth 1st........... :)

Return to “General Chat”