Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Curry night.

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Terry Tibbs

Curry night.

Post by Terry Tibbs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi folks!

Ruffling up a jalfrezi and a korma tonight, rice and the obligatory naan bread.

Any more curry fans amongst us? When the spice is right, what maybe tickles your taste buds and is curry on your menu.

Cheers all :)

Dan D'Air

Re: Curry night.

Post by Dan D'Air » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Chicken Tikka Dhansak every time.
My mates chant.
"Dhansak Dan, he's our man,
If Dan can't eat it, no one can"

It is hot, sweet and sour. Yummy.
Dan
"Shakin the tree boss, shakin the tree"

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:28 pm

Oh now you've got the juices flowing...
K+5Cs for me:- Karajan Chicken Curry with Chillies, Coconut and a Cobra Beer
Toilet roll in the fridge, and an @rse like a Japanese flag in the morning.
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Post by garyscott » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:10 am

reheat module wrote:. . . and an @rse like a Japanese flag in the morning.
PMSL!!! Love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:27 am

Usually go for a Korma or a Tikka, either chicken or prawn.

Many moons ago while on holiday in Dorset I sampled a Vindaloo from a take-away in Bridport, admittedly I was in a somewhat drunken state and it seemed like a good idea at the time... Being mid summer at the time and the Vindaloo being spiced up like a foundry melting pot I found myself enduring some serious self inflicted discomfort to the point that I stripped-down to my boxer shorts to try and escape the heat! The morning after the night before can best be described like 'sitting atop a Saturn rocket'.

Never again have I touched a Vindaloo!!!

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:20 am

Love my Ruby's :thumbs:

Our gang have a monthly curry night at various curry houses in Norwich (there are many) :thumb:

I love spicy but don't go too far, normally ;)

I was persuaded (drunken fug) to have a Pfahl one time :O

Japanese flag and Vesuvius doesn't even begin to cover the result :Wow:

It was like dropping 4 pounds of hot asphalt the following morning :Wow: :Wow:

NEVER again :'(
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:59 am

Can someone please adjust the title...Curry night & bowel movements :ninja: :lol:

True story but the purpose of hotter, spicier food is to increase perspiration which in turn helps cools you down..Example, further south you go in India the hotter food tends to get? Creamier milder recipes from Kashmir, hotter from say Madras.

Could get a bit more scientific but we wouldn't want anyone nodding off in the curry thread! Not with all that hot asphalt around :D

Ps. One of my best included a lobster version, in a restaurant, was absolute DBs.

Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Anyone else tried some of the shop curry kits you can get? Ones with the whole spices and sauce included?

Two I have found pretty decent and the result ended in a tasty enough curry. Easy to throw together with added ingredients and superior to ready made sauce jars alone. Looks like a ruby is due sooner rather later even if it involves a bit of stirring and chopping.

herc15

Post by herc15 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Just finished a strong madras tasted lovely but the smell in the dining room now is somewhat different :whistle: know doubt my colleagues will get the full benefits tomorrow when my digestive system catches up

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Veggie curry tonight. Paneer masala, tarka dahl (like an ordinairy dahl but a bit 'otter - geddit), brown rice, samosas, pakoras and bahjis, pickles.
beer.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Sparts99: sounds like it will be 'Blazing Saddles' yet again :Wow: :lol:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

eagle driver

Post by eagle driver » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 pm

The legend of the Hari kebab ,or Suicide on a plate.
Many moons ago I was involved in the installation of a telephone exchange in Newark Notts .My then boss,plus the BT clark of works and myself used to all go out on a Thursday evening and have a few beers and a curry.
Now this curry house used to be famous for the kebab,s that it used to offer as Starters .
Dave the CoW reckoned that he could handle the hottest kebab that they served namely the Hari kebab, so one night we all ordered these kebabs and made a bet that if anyone could not finish there's, then they would have to pay for everyone s meal.
The first time we all managed to finish with no great difficulty , so the following week once again the Hari kebabs were ordered, only this time we asked for them to hotter ,again we all managed to finish
This went on for several weeks to the point that the management at the curry house were now serving the kebabs on plates wrapped in foil because the kebabs used to stain the plates, and they could not remove the stains afterwards.
Of course by this stage these kebabs were becoming seriously hot to the point of inducing tears on all of us, total loss of all sense of taste for several days afterwards, plus untold damage to ones digestive system.
Of course eventually some body had to give in so some months after this all started Dave the CoW called time on it he blamed it on the fact he had a cold at the time but none the less he dutifully paid up.
Too this day I can eat most curries with no great I'll effects and drink hot tea almost as first served .
One foot note ,several years afterwards I was staying in Newark again with some spotter friends , they of course all new about the story of the Hari kebab so we decided to revisit the curry house but alas the Restaurant had changed ownership and the mighty Hari kebab was no longer on the menu although one of the waiters was still serving there and remembered the events that took place.

Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:29 am

Hari kabab recipe :whistle:

http://www.rummanaskitchen.com/2013/04/ ... kabab.html

Like all recipes you can always adjust to taste. Instead of just one spoon of red chilli, could try half a kilo.....

Many moons ago, sat with mates in our regular (old skool) curry place, when I finally opted for the infamous phal. Now up until then any vindaloo was proving to be on the hot side, usually rammed with fresh chillies. No lie, few minutes later the waiter came back to double check if I definitely wanted said item! Bring it on! But with a few extra napkins ;)

Every morsel did take longer to chew, sipping anything ice cold and wet quite profusely, sweat beads rapidly reforming.

Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Jalfrezi a few days back re ignited the taste buds but nope, not quite hot enough. Never is when you're frankly a chilli fanatic who eats them like a cucumber?

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:33 pm

I've gone through the whole gamut of curry from Korma to Phal - and remember the old saying that the sign of a good curry is when it goes in hot but comes out hotter... So, some mild discomfort, but generally didn't experience too many problems until Oakham... At one of the Cottesmore tattoos, a bunch of us from the media team ventured into an Indian restaurant in Oakham, whereupon I ordered a Chicken Madras, thinking that it would be OK and not too hot, especially as it was two steps down from the infamous Phal. Boy, was I wrong... It was incandescent...and represents the first and last time on which I had to admit defeat when confronted by curry... I just couldn't finish it. It was absolutely ferocious...no subtlety at all, just full-on heat. God knows what a vindaloo or a phal would have been like. Needless to say, we didn't return for a second bout...…………………

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Chicken madras, Bombay (should be Mumbai?) potato, spinach dahl, veggie koftas, quorn madras, naan bread and brown rice for 16 year olds end of GCSEs dinner tonight, mostly home made. And beer not home made.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Dan, maybe they got your order mixed up? Kormablimey... ;) my bet someone else was probably moaning theirs was a bit too mild.

As for Sparts, sounds like a feast for sore eyes, shades optional.

Return to “General Chat”