Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

LAS VEGAS Shooting

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Cornish-guy

Re: LAS VEGAS Shooting

Post by Cornish-guy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:53 pm

The last news I saw - last night indicated he must have put some planning into it, so possibly not a spur of the moment thing, make me wonder what drives or motivates a person to do that kind of thing intentionally.

C. :thumb:
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

dragonchaser

Post by dragonchaser » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:01 pm

When you own 50 odd firearms I think there might be a bit of planning involved. :whistle:

Knife 04

Post by Knife 04 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Agreed - not something you pull out of your pocket is it?

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I guess we will never know his reasons for doing it, like most awful things we never find out the true intended motive behind things.

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Cornish-guy wrote:I guess we will never know his reasons for doing it, like most awful things we never find out the true intended motive behind things.

No we won’t seeing as he shot himself.

Pretty standard however for these situations...it’s not like they come out and say why they did what they did.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:57 pm

James Cutting wrote:
Cornish-guy wrote:I guess we will never know his reasons for doing it, like most awful things we never find out the true intended motive behind things.

Pretty standard however for these situations...it’s not like they come out and say why they did what they did.
I dont think any of these situations are pretty standard, its not like a random person decides to either go fishing for the weekend, have a few days watching your local team or go and shoot a fee hundread people, I think the later is a rather crazy thing to do and without motive the only other answer is the guy was void from knowing what he was doing - heavily under the influnce of some kind of drugs or somthing.
Again just wild speculation as there is no proof of anything - warning/motive nothing just completely random and evil.

C.

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Cornish-guy wrote:
James Cutting wrote:

I dont think any of these situations are pretty standard, its not like a random person decides to either go fishing for the weekend, have a few days watching your local team or go and shoot a fee hundread people, I think the later is a rather crazy thing to do and without motive the only other answer is the guy was void from knowing what he was doing - heavily under the influnce of some kind of drugs or somthing.
Again just wild speculation as there is no proof of anything - warning/motive nothing just completely random and evil.

C.
We are talking about the USA here C. This is pretty normal. This is the 273rd Mass Shooting THIS YEAR alone. A mass shooting is 4 or more people that have been shot. Unfortunately, a lot of people do simply just pick up a rifle from their local Walmart (yes, this is possible) and shoot people. Okay, with some form of reasoning/physiological disorder. Seeing how easy it is to obtain a rifle, or any weaponary for that matter, it’s almost normal. He had over 20 rifles alone in that hotel room.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

airfixpilot
Location: Sth killingholme, Nth Lincolnshire. Home of the OIL Refinerys: LOL

Post by airfixpilot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:44 pm

first its very sad and seems to happen all to often. There are thirty three amendments, in the US constitution. The second one states :
Protects the right to keep and bear arms.
September 25, 1789 Date submitted
December 15, 1791 Date ratification.

Enough said. It will never stop the murders and killings, as long as the amendments stay, and they will never be overturned. How long before it happens again??
Even wal-Mart (Asdas in the UK) sells guns and ammo, see the Wal-Mart website. :@
WATCHING & LISTENING IN LINCOLNSHIRE
Keep Calm & Carry On, Stay Positive & Chill.

Chill to Military Airband in the background with a coffee & Biscuits.
Listening into airband on the east coast of Lincolnshire.

David

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:32 pm

My family has relatives in the states who live just outside of Los Angeles, they say that over there you can go and buy a gun just the same as we can buy a bar of chocolate over here, its that easy... Crazy isn't it :O .

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 am

It isn't always that easy. It depends what you are buying, who for etc., For many cases there are background checks, and there are classes of people who are prohibited from buying a weapon. In this country it is possible to buy lethal weapons as well, provided you pass the background checks. Weapons are obtainable in THIS country as well as the U.S.A. People certainly have illegal guns here. Armed criminals get them from somewhere, even in England. Crazy isn't it.

pawlee1

Post by pawlee1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:14 pm

airfixpilot wrote:first its very sad and seems to happen all to often. There are thirty three amendments, in the US constitution. The second one states :
Protects the right to keep and bear arms.
September 25, 1789 Date submitted
December 15, 1791 Date ratification.

Enough said. It will never stop the murders and killings, as long as the amendments stay, and they will never be overturned. How long before it happens again??
Even wal-Mart (Asdas in the UK) sells guns and ammo, see the Wal-Mart website. :@
Yes, but surely these were the days of Flintlock and the like, not Military grade, fully automatic kit ?
Should be just hand guns, a Magnum 44 should be big enough for self defence.

Pawlee :ninja:

airfixpilot
Location: Sth killingholme, Nth Lincolnshire. Home of the OIL Refinerys: LOL

Post by airfixpilot » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:37 pm

My daft view is, only military pesonel and police should have the right to arms. This becouse of war and conflict Only. There is no other reason why jo public, wether it be in the USA, UK or anywere else in the democratic world should have the right to bare arms. We will always have the criminal and nutters who are able to get weapons, but leave them to the police.
Ps. Reported on rhe local news, that Hull fair will have armed police patroling

Oh dear what a shame

I am proud to think Uk police arn't armed, and when needed call out a responce unit.
WATCHING & LISTENING IN LINCOLNSHIRE
Keep Calm & Carry On, Stay Positive & Chill.

Chill to Military Airband in the background with a coffee & Biscuits.
Listening into airband on the east coast of Lincolnshire.

David

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Wow glad they don't sell guns in the local family shopper, otherwise God help those who wronged me ;-)
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:37 pm

jem60 wrote:It isn't always that easy. It depends what you are buying, who for etc., For many cases there are background checks, and there are classes of people who are prohibited from buying a weapon. In this country it is possible to buy lethal weapons as well, provided you pass the background checks. Weapons are obtainable in THIS country as well as the U.S.A. People certainly have illegal guns here. Armed criminals get them from somewhere, even in England. Crazy isn't it.
Sorry Jem, but it is very easy for anyone over the age of 21 to get any firearm in the USA. Every weekend all over the country there are gun roadshows held in sport centres, exhibition centres etc etc.... where dealers will sell just about anything from your basic 9mm Colt to the .50 Barrett M107 and 5.56 AR15's, they will then sell you enough ammo to start a war as well. All the relevant paperwork is filled out, and as long as you provide photographic id you leave with the weapons, but the paperwork and background checks aren't processed until the dealer gets back to their shop (which can be a couple of weeks if they are on the gun show circuit) and has access to the computer to check against the ATF and NRA database, in some cases this check isn't even carried out and the paperwork is binned.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:12 am

Hi, Thunder. I appreciate that, but I did qualify my comment. For many people it IS easy, but not for everyone, and, if background checks are necessary, they can be done in minutes. Interesting that there are now no gunshops in San Francisco, but you don't have to go very far to get one...........

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Some of you may have seen this American guy on youtube who masquerades as a Russian while testing out and demonstrating various arms etc on his channel.
I wonder how much of this hardware is available to buy over the counter in the USA? Frightening really!..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEPTp5 ... mOrKUwRLmQ

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

Return to “General Chat”