Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

DLA( Disabled Living Allowance )

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
jem60

Re: DLA( Disabled Living Allowance )

Post by jem60 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:35 pm

I agree with Alfie to some extent. Sadly, as he says, those that have worked, saved enough etc., are now having to pay for their care homes if they are lucky enough to still be here at 94. Six months ago my wife and I were in the same position with her Mother. The BIG problem that the Government has, is that older people are surviving many, many more years than was to be expected. The system simply CANNOT deal with the extra cost of care homes for everybody. Therefore, those that can pay, must pay. Sadly, my Mom-in-Law needed only 3 months of finance, which she willingly paid. Unfortunately, there is no right to an inheritance. When she went into care she apologised to us for spending my wife's inheritance. As I told Mum, an inheritance is something that is left after she had had everything that she required for her care.
It is wrong to assume that one will necessarily inherit!.
Om the other hand, there are a relatively young couple living near me, who had their own nice home, sold it, are now in rented accomodation. When I queried why they had done that they replied that they are spending their money now, so that they don't have to pay for their care in later life. [but it's O.K. for you and me to pay for their care then!] I was barely able to remain polite!
I hope you are all having a better day than me. I reversed into a car in town this morning. Cost me £500. :Oops: :Oops:

Alfie

Re: DLA( Disabled Living Allowance )

Post by Alfie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:36 pm

ChrisCwmbran thank you for your reply to my comment.

Return to “General Chat”