Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FC Member Attitude

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Cornish-guy

Re: FC Member Attitude

Post by Cornish-guy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Thunder wrote:
Cornish-guy wrote: Not attacking a person due to their status or work situation,
C.
Would you care to show me where on this forum and at what time did such an attack occur? I've been a member on here since the forum was relaunched and for a number of years before that, and in all that time I have never seen such as your describing.

From time to time there's the odd altercation that occurs, but 95% of the time it's for the likes of starting pointless threads, gross and continued misspelling, wrongful accusations, and so on. If what you describe above happened or happens then you need to take it up with a moderator straight away.

With the greatest respect it does happen on here quite often -
I have a disability that can cause typing errors or even grammer miss-match, but I should not have to disclose that just to explain my writiing ability.

Also financial status does come into conversations - as was seen in the RIAT fence posts, with certain people on here making it very clear their oppionion about people who did not pay to go into the show, people should mind their own bussiness and not criticize those who did not or could not afford to go into the show.

C.
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

Supra

Post by Supra » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Dyslexia or smilar conditions that impair ones ability to write/spell the English language properly are indeed a serious condition. There have been several cases of Forum members in such a situation, but they have taken the 'easy-route' & declared their problems at the outset! You're correct in saying there's no requirement to publicise your unseen disability, but it sure-as-hell would help, unless of course you're an attention-seeking type of chap?
It often appears to me & others that the declining standards of English in the written & spoken form are little to do with medical conditions, more a display of laziness & abbreviated social media 'text speak'? Now you have belatedly made your declaration I imagine things may go better for you.
Notwitstanding that, it is difficult for me to understand that having been shown the correct way to write 'grammar' you have since wrongly written 'grammer' twice! Whichever order these letters appears to you, take it on trust that mine is correct & maybe 'copy-paste' it until it becomes familiar? HTH.

Thought of the Day... Why do so many aviation enthusiasts suffer from Dyslexia & why are they always the most prolific writers? :whistle:
Last edited by Supra on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Supra wrote:
Thought of the Day... Why do so many aviation enthusiasts suffer from Dyslexia & why are they always the most prolific writers? :whistle:
Some say - gramma/grammer and spelling/poor writting skills can be a trade of from extreme inteligence where the brain is thinking what to write faster than prossesing the laying out of the text.

Its a common thing - apparently ;)

C. :thumb:

turbosix

Post by turbosix » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Supra wrote:Dyslexia or smilar conditions that impair ones ability to write/spell the English language properly are indeed a serious condition. There have been several cases of Forum members in such a situation, but they have taken the 'easy-route' & declared their problems at the outset! You're correct in saying there's no requirement to publicise your unseen disability, but it sure-as-hell would help, unless of course you're an attention-seeking type of chap?
It often appears to me & others that the declining standards of English in the written & spoken form are little to do with medical conditions, more a display of laziness & abbreviated social media 'text speak'? Now you have belatedly made your declaration I imagine things may go better for you.
Notwitstanding that, it is difficult for me to understand that having been shown the correct way to write 'gammar' you have since wrongly written 'grammer' twice! Whichever order these letters appears to you, take it on trust that mine is correct & maybe 'copy-paste' it until it becomes familiar? HTH.

What the hell is 'gammar'?

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Cornish, what you've said above is not what you referring to in your original post, not even anywhere close to it.

You seem to think that the forum and everyone on it owes you an apology, for what I don't know as I still haven't seen any evidence that anyone has belittled or targeted you due to your financial status, upbringing or way of life. For all I/we know you may be a Lord or Baron living in a 1000 acres of Cornwall with an IQ of 130 and an 8 figure bank account.

david chapman

Post by david chapman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:59 pm

time this was put to bed and get on with what the forum should be about

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:08 pm

david chapman wrote:time this was put to bed and get on with what the forum should be about

As long as it's made a few members thing before they speak?

Then I'm happy with that :thumbs:

Supra

Post by Supra » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:39 am

Well spotted 'turbosix'. I'm glad somebody is paying attention.
I'm afraid that since I had the steel-plate put in my head, life just isn't the same! My Doctor says the persistent inclusion of non-words could be that... "spelling/poor writting skills can be a trade of from extreme inteligence where the brain is thinking what to write faster than prossesing the laying out of the text."
I said that's incredible, you mean "writing skills can be a trade-off due to my brain not processing the text" That's amazing, there was me thinking I was just stooopid! Always remember to think before you speak (or even write!)

One time at the Doc's, I told him felt unsure if I was a Wigwam or a Tepee? He replied "Relax, you're just too tense!"

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 am

Supra wrote:Well spotted 'turbosix'. I'm glad somebody is paying attention.
I'm afraid that since I had the steel-plate put in my head, life just isn't the same! My Doctor says the persistent inclusion of non-words could be that... "spelling/poor writting skills can be a trade of from extreme inteligence where the brain is thinking what to write faster than prossesing the laying out of the text."
I said that's incredible, you mean "writing skills can be a trade-off due to my brain not processing the text" That's amazing, there was me thinking I was just stooopid! Always remember to think before you speak (or even write!)

One time at the Doc's, I told him felt unsure if I was a Wigwam or a Tepee? He replied "Relax, you're just too tense!"

Sorry not going to bite - sorry spelt - Sorry, not is like nut but with an o, going the opposite of stay, and bite spelt bite. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gadget Man

Post by Gadget Man » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:35 am

david chapman wrote:time this was put to bed and get on with what the forum should be about
But it is. It's General chat.

Gadget Man

Post by Gadget Man » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:40 am

<As long as it's made a few members thing before they speak?>

Indeed, it's made me thing (think), you ought to stop digging, Cornish-guy.

Return to “General Chat”