Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Grenfell Tower Fire

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
MRTT

Grenfell Tower Fire

Post by MRTT » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Grenfell Tower, a 24 story apartment block caught fire this morning. 12 people are confirmed dead with the number expected to rise.

Tragic incident. :(

DEREK SMITH

Re: Grenfell Tower Fire

Post by DEREK SMITH » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:48 pm

My neighbour is ex Fire service unofficial opinion from his collegues is 150+
thank God i don't live in a tower block
RIP all who perished

TankBuster

Re: Grenfell Tower Fire

Post by TankBuster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Hats off to the London emergency services for their efforts, in particular the London Fire Brigade B.A crews who entered that inferno to save lives.
Those were arduous conditions to work in and the efforts of those B.A crews is absolutely phenomenal, it was such a ferocious fire that for many people there was no way out, and for the Fire Fighters there was no easy way in.

It is so sad, that even with the best efforts and intentions of the emergency services it was impossible to rescue many of those souls seen at the windows, the fire developed so fast that there was just no way in the world those people could have been saved. It is truly horrendous and my thoughts go out to all those affected by this tragedy.

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

Return to “General Chat”