Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

PayPal issues

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
welshandy

PayPal issues

Post by welshandy » Tue May 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Anybody having issues with PayPal today?? I can not pay for anything. Get message saying I have reached my sending limit. I've been with them 11 years & it's the 1st time I've heard of a limit! Managed to get hold of PP on Facebook, as waiting time's on the Phone is over 30mins. They think it might be a bug!! :S :S

redfoxy

Re: PayPal issues

Post by redfoxy » Tue May 23, 2017 9:20 pm

No problem for me ,I used it about an hour ago, payment went through fine.

Supra

Post by Supra » Wed May 24, 2017 1:14 am

Be careful! I received 2 identical notices within 2 hours three weeks back which initially side-stepped my common-sense due to panic. They had genuine looking Paypal Logo's & inferred my Account had been blocked & suspended with immediate effect, due to being hacked!
Upon taking a deep breath & reading it carefully, it was clear that their request (best described as written in Asian English) wanted me to 'click' confirm.... and unknowingly allow them access to my files! By way of confirmation I shut-down the desktop & used my phone to buy a cheap trinket online, which went straight through on Paypal. Scamming **stards!

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Wed May 24, 2017 5:10 am

welshandy wrote:Anybody having issues with PayPal today?? I can not pay for anything. Get message saying I have reached my sending limit. I've been with them 11 years & it's the 1st time I've heard of a limit! Managed to get hold of PP on Facebook, as waiting time's on the Phone is over 30mins. They think it might be a bug!! :S :S
I have had similar messages a few times - which are of course just spam messages from an Asian country or similar. First time i was a little concerned, but then realised it was a con and just sent it to the spam box and have done the same when receiving anything like it since - as another 2 or 3 came after.
One thing i notice is that they start by saying "Dear Paypal user....." whereas an official paypal message states your name, etc.

So don't panic; definitely don't open any of it, and just bin it in the spam box. You might get some more over the coming months (as i did), so just stick them straight in the spam box :thumb:

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 am

I've been getting the Spam's re Paypal,but not recently. Got 4 from Amazon this morning. No mine is a genuine problem I was just checking if it was just my account or PP was experiencing problems with others. Tried again this morning still no joy :@ Will try and contact them again today.

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Wed May 24, 2017 10:51 am

welshandy wrote:I've been getting the Spam's re PayPal,but not recently. Got 4 from Amazon this morning. No mine is a genuine problem I was just checking if it was just my account or PP was experiencing problems with others. Tried again this morning still no joy :@ Will try and contact them again today.
11.48 Update. just got off phone with PP. This problem is affecting other accounts too, their IT dept is aware & working on it. No time frame for resolution though. Did find out that there are limits on accounts £12,499 for pay after delivery & a £2,000 selling limit per annum for personal accounts.

Return to “General Chat”