Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

NHS CUTS

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Cornish-guy

Re: NHS CUTS

Post by Cornish-guy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Thunder wrote:IMO all prescriptions should be chargeable except where they are used to treat terminal illness or children under the age of 10. If your claiming benefits for whatever reason, then you should be made to pay just like the rest of us.

You can not compare or put both people in the same circumstances - Long Term sick with a crushing ilness and working class folk live Completely different lives, having been in both situations - I know better then most. :( :( :( :(

C.
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Cornish-guy wrote:
Sparts99 wrote:The prescription system is in desparate need of overhaul. My dentist treated me for an abcess and prescribed antibiotics on a private prescription, not NHS. I queried it, she said go to the Tesco pharmacy, insted of the eight quid NHS charge it was a couple of quid, so some drugs could well end up being cheaper for patients if taken out of the prescription system. The pharmacist said there are plenty of other examples of drugs and treatments being cheaper outside the NHS prescription system.

My wife was an ex retired nurse - You Can Not get Anti biotics from any one other than on prescription.

C.
Ok, splitting hairs, you've kind of missed my point. They system needs overhaul, not doing away with altogether. I certainly agree you shouldn't be able to walk into a chemist and buy antibiotics, we'd end up with resistant bacteria in no time at all.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:03 pm

And at the same time anyone who is dependent on medication for a long term illness, and getting this free due to disabled benefit situation - should not now have to start paying for items like - Anti Depresents, Poweful Painkillers that are part of a pain management system - long term if not indefinatley for life.

C.

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Pen Pusher wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Every month I have to submit a repeat prescription, then wait 5 days for the doctors surgery to process it and get the Quack to sign it off. Why? Why isn't it possible to save everyone the time (and money) and just let me print off something so I can go and buy the stuff from the Chemist?
At my doctor's practice, they have just started a new system where you still phone up for a repeat prescription but pick up the drugs or whatever from your nominated chemist two day's later. No picking up the prescription from the doctors and taking it to the chemist to be filled.

Brian
My chemist submit the repeat prescription request after I phone them. They contact the surgery then in a couple of days I go to the chemist for my pills.
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

Gadget Man

Post by Gadget Man » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Cornish-guy wrote:And at the same time anyone who is dependent on medication for a long term illness, and getting this free due to disabled benefit situation - should not now have to start paying for items like - Anti Depresents, Poweful Painkillers that are part of a pain management system - long term if not indefinatley for life.

C.
Can you show us in black and white where it says that these people are going to be affected?

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Gadget Man wrote:
Cornish-guy wrote:And at the same time anyone who is dependent on medication for a long term illness, and getting this free due to disabled benefit situation - should not now have to start paying for items like - Anti Depresents, Poweful Painkillers that are part of a pain management system - long term if not indefinatley for life.

C.
Can you show us in black and white where it says that these people are going to be affected?

Its been well pulicised on most news channels yesterday, and I guess in most newspapers.

C.

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 pm

This just a basic list I have found on the net.

Courtesy of The Telegrath -

List of medicines included in the report:

- Renin-angiotensin system drugs for high blood pressure

- Statins for high cholesterol

- Newer drugs for type 2 diabetes, including glitazones and exenatide

- Proton pump inhibitors for dyspepsia

- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for pain relief

- Low dose antipsychotics in people with dementia

- Long acting insulin for diabetes

- Self monitoring of blood glucose in type 2 diabetes

- Clopidogrel to reduce blood stickiness to prevent heart attacks and strokes

- Ezetimbe for high cholesterol

- Antibiotics

- Hypnotics for insomnia

- Orlistat for obesity

- High dose corticosteroids for asthma and lung disease

- Alendronate for osteoporosis

C.

Gadget Man

Post by Gadget Man » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 pm

But nothing to say that it's going to effect the people you are saying it will.

Return to “General Chat”