Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Europe - pause for thought

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
C24

Europe - pause for thought

Post by C24 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:00 am

We all remember that...

...MPs voted in favour of an EU referendum by 544 to 53.

:Oops:
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

gamecock

Re: Europe - pause for thought

Post by gamecock » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:34 am

So?

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:08 pm

C24 wrote:We all remember that...

...MPs voted in favour of an EU referendum by 544 to 53.

:Oops:
Don't worry though...We've now miraculously found £3bn extra for Brexit (£700m already spent...) but we can only give £2.8bn to the NHS...Such a laughing stock.

I know many won't agree with me, but seeing as we're all allowed opinions...I think it's ludicrous how so much money can be spent on something that nobody knows what will happen - they didn't even tell how much it would cost! And they can't even fork up the money for our own health system...
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Ludicrous state of affairs brought on by personal ambition and ineptitude by politicians. Someone in Westminster needs to have the cajones to stand up and shout STOP! what an utter fiasco this is turning into. We're all going to pay dearly for this, but not as much as our kids and grandchildren will.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Sparts99 wrote:Ludicrous state of affairs brought on by personal ambition and ineptitude by politicians. Someone in Westminster needs to have the cajones to stand up and shout STOP! what an utter fiasco this is turning into. We're all going to pay dearly for this, but not as much as our kids and grandchildren will.
Exactly! Being 20, it may not have an immediate affect on me but certainly will on those younger. End of the day, these MP's couldn't give two fu**s, they are getting a lovely wad of cash each month for sitting on their backsides each week.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

baz1

Post by baz1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Too true James couldn't agree more, its a shame some of these so called MP's arnt on sites such as these along with
MOD bods a lot of home truths and common sense are spoken on here by you guys long may it continue!
Comfortably Numb

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:18 pm

I've just read we're setting aside £3bn for leaving the EU, NHS budget is £2.8bn, what happened to the extra £350m/week we could give to the NHS if we left? This has to stop.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:25 pm

and how do we propose to stop these idiots!??
Comfortably Numb

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Sparts99 wrote:I've just read we're setting aside £3bn for leaving the EU, NHS budget is £2.8bn, what happened to the extra £350m/week we could give to the NHS if we left? This has to stop.
Another grand Tory lie!!! Not saying you did believe this, but for those that did, well you really fell for that one :Oops:
baz1 wrote:and how do we propose to stop these idiots!??
I don't think we can - the snap election was the time/place, but when the media biasedly portrayed the PM, the opposition didn't stand a chance. Let's not forget the £1bn we "miraculously found" to give to the DUP to form the Gov in the first place!!! :grr: :grr:

On top of this, Jeremy Hunt is still in charge, crumbling the NHS as we speak, after telling them there's no money for them to use...but we found £5bn combined to bail out the current Gov. and fund Brexit. It's wonderful, isn't it? :pop:
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 pm

I, personally, HATE the 'EU' whatever it is, but voted (with a heavy heart) to remain :(

Why :S

I just knew that trying to get out would cost us ALL, no matter what age, the most astronomical sum that the rest of Europe could foist on us :@

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR :Wow:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:22 pm

paddyboy wrote:I, personally, HATE the 'EU' whatever it is, but voted (with a heavy heart) to remain :(

Why :S

I just knew that trying to get out would cost us ALL, no matter what age, the most astronomical sum that the rest of Europe could foist on us :@

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR :Wow:
That's fair enough Paddy, I just wish more people could have seen this at the start. :(
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

jem60

Post by jem60 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:14 pm

Absolutely agree with Patrick. Very angry and bitter that people were so shortsighted about this. Her and me will eventually have a car sticker that will say 'don't blame me!!!'. But, all is not lost!. Jeremy Corbyn is going to come and rescue us in the end, and the streets will eventually be paved with gold!!!!, because the Labour Party are Sooooooooo good at running [should that be spelt ruin] an economy. Boy, I sure am glad I am old and comfortable, but I don't see things getting much better for youngsters.

Hunter49

Post by Hunter49 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Does everybody forget that the labour party got us into this finacial mess with the huge debt they left? ROB

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Sparts99 wrote:I've just read we're setting aside £3bn for leaving the EU, NHS budget is £2.8bn, what happened to the extra £350m/week we could give to the NHS if we left? This has to stop.
We haven't left yet!

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:22 pm

I’m sorry, but if someone could please outline the benefits that the Tories would bring to us youngsters, the people who are going to be most affected by Brexit, then please, do go ahead and let me know.

Again, typical Tory blame game to blame the previous party in charge. :whistle:
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:24 pm

jem60 wrote:Absolutely agree with Patrick. Very angry and bitter that people were so shortsighted about this. Her and me will eventually have a car sticker that will say 'don't blame me!!!'. But, all is not lost!. Jeremy Corbyn is going to come and rescue us in the end, and the streets will eventually be paved with gold!!!!, because the Labour Party are Sooooooooo good at running [should that be spelt ruin] an economy. Boy, I sure am glad I am old and comfortable, but I don't see things getting much better for youngsters.
Glad that you are happy mate!!

But it’s my generation, and the one below me, that are struggling. We can’t even afford to rent a darn flat let alone even look at the property ladder! It’s a joke...all the while whilst cost of living is rising and rising and the salaries aren’t getting better. :grr:
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:13 pm

James - I'm not a political animal but it doesn't matter which party is in power, they always blame the previous one rather than getting on and fixing the problems. I do have concerns for the your generation - I have a daughter of a similar age - and also for future generations to come. Yes the Labour leader made big promises but will he deal on them if he gets into number 10? Don't hold your breath (on either count!)

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:21 pm

Nighthawke wrote:James - I'm not a political animal but it doesn't matter which party is in power, they always blame the previous one rather than getting on and fixing the problems. I do have concerns for the your generation - I have a daughter of a similar age - and also for future generations to come. Yes the Labour leader made big promises but will he deal on them if he gets into number 10? Don't hold your breath (on either count!)
I guess you are right and I do see that. I know neither may not be the best for this country but between the two, I think that he would be a lot better than May, if I had to choose.

I don’t ever mean to upset/offend anyone, it just annoys me when something is happening to the UK, that the public can see so clearly, but the Gov. does nothing for.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

jem60

Post by jem60 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Despite me being happy with my position, I DO worry about you youngsters. I have daughters, and Grand-daughters, all have their own houses fortunately. Like most people, I do not have many answers to the problems people face these days, except to say that I wish the politicians would have the guts to say what the reality is. To my mind, that is that Income tax rates must rise for all that can afford it, pensioners included. I would be quite happy to pay more, and I believe that all who can afford it should do so. Many of us oldies, have a fuel winter fuel allowance, which I and very many of my generation simply don't need. Free bus passes. Very useful to us in rural areas. We use it all the time, but would be perfectly happy to spend, let's say, £100 per year for it. Trouble is that measures to gather more money in by raising taxes is not a vote winner, and this why it hasn't yet been done. It has to come. There is no other way. A hard five years, with increased taxes, could see things on the right road.
The other thing that gets up my nose is WHY oh WHY do young people keep producing babies that they cannot afford to have, and expect everyone else, i.e. you and me, to pay for them. Have they not heard of contraception, or for that matter common sense? Two AT THE MOST!!. Oh, I forgot. It's their 'uman rite' to have as many as they want!!. Rant over, back to my single malt!!!. :S Oh, and J. Corbyn esq. is not the answer to anything, except a very slippery downhill slope into a much worse situation.!!.

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:35 am

Whilst I agree to an extent with some of your suggestions jem60, we could already save tens of thousands by at least halving MP's ridiculous pay, that'll get some back.

Don't forget the £3.7m that the UK Taxpayers subsidised for MP's food and drink last year!

Oh, as well as the £350 MILLION being spent on the Queen's darn Palace!!! Like really? Out of our own pocket that is. Everyone's hard work, being taxed to go towards a building (let's face it, it's what it is) instead of something like the NHS, or police/fire/ambulance/paramedic/military forces, which actually affect us.

And though I partially agree about the kids comment, the average is just under 2 per woman in the UK. But yes, it should be controlled a bit better.

The bottom line is, the UK cannot even sort its own problems out, no matter what party, or what leader you support, or previously. There's poverty, homelessness, a crumbling NHS, people being taxed extra for owning a house but having a spare bedroom, little support for those with disabilities - physically and mentally.

More needs to be done for the UK firstly. It's simple really.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Return to “General Chat”