Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FC Member Attitude

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Cornish-guy

FC Member Attitude

Post by Cornish-guy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Folks in light of some of the conversations on here - not just recently but over a few years, I thought it was about time I spoke out,

Everyone is different, and come from different backgrounds, and we are all entitled to let off steam or express an oppinion on here, but we All need to develope some empathy and understanding for each other.

Personal attacks or comments aimed at a persons way of life up bringing or financial state are just Not acceptable.

We can all share oppinions on here, but should hold out tongues before attacking somene else over thier comments.

I think we should start off by saying sorry to folks we have attacked, I will start - "Iam sorry to anyone I may have offended"

It would also help if we all developed a little more regard and manors towards other folks posts - It doesn't hurt commenting on someones photos as we all know they can be special to us - and not getting a reply can sometimes be a bit dissapointing.

This forum could be That little bit better if some folk just became a little warmer to others, and respected thier background and way of life.

Thnak you :thumb:

C. :thumb:
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

Blackcat1

Re: FC Member Attitude

Post by Blackcat1 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Totally agree mate.
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Blackcat1 wrote:Totally agree mate.
Thnaks :thumb:

Got your pics they are great thanks :thumb:

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Cheers mate
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Gadget Man

Post by Gadget Man » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:16 am

Cornish-guy wrote:Folks in light of some of the conversations on here - not just recently but over a few years, I thought it was about time I spoke out,

Everyone is different, and come from different backgrounds, and we are all entitled to let off steam or express an oppinion on here, but we All need to develope some empathy and understanding for each other.

Personal attacks or comments aimed at a persons way of life up bringing or financial state are just Not acceptable.

We can all share oppinions on here, but should hold out tongues before attacking somene else over thier comments.

I think we should start off by saying sorry to folks we have attacked, I will start - "Iam sorry to anyone I may have offended"

It would also help if we all developed a little more regard and manors towards other folks posts - It doesn't hurt commenting on someones photos as we all know they can be special to us - and not getting a reply can sometimes be a bit dissapointing.

This forum could be That little bit better if some folk just became a little warmer to others, and respected thier background and way of life.

Cornish Guy, I agree with you in principle, however if people post things that are incorrect, then surely they deserve to be put in place, by their mistakes being pointed out. So I hope you are not offended by me pointing out your mistakes.
Hold out tongues should that not be our tongues?
thier....their?......Iam.......I Am?.....Manors........Manners?.....Thnak......Thank?

I just could not resist it. :)

Stroudy

Post by Stroudy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:52 am

I always say with the internet, and the bain that can be social media, behave as if you were physically sat or stood together in the discussion you are posting in. Most of the culprits wouldn't say half the things they do if they were face to face as their natural instinct, situational control and manners would kick in. Its just a case of it being easy to hide behind a computer/smart phone unfortunately, but if people can behave like most of them would in real life there wouldn't be anywhere near so much of a problem.

Its always difficult when you cant see the whites of each others eyes when in conversation because one persons perception of a meaning of words will be completely different to another's, especially if the vital element of body language is missing. And there lies the problem..

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:39 am

When i first read the opening post on this, i thought i was in the wrong place! :whistle:

This place is certainly not the worst on the net, but you will never get past some of the culture of "i have to see it first" that goes on in the spotter "community". Other than that, i fully agree with what has been written above.

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Gadget Man wrote:
Cornish-guy wrote:Folks in light of some of the conversations on here - not just recently but over a few years, I thought it was about time I spoke out,

Cornish Guy, I agree with you in principle, however if people post things that are incorrect, then surely they deserve to be put in place, by their mistakes being pointed out. So I hope you are not offended by me pointing out your mistakes.
thier....their?......Iam.......I Am?.....Manors........Manners?.....Thnak......Thank?

Sorry writting errors without having a grammer or spell checker, not to mention keys on my laptop having a mind of thier own.

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Gadget Man wrote:

See what I mean - this is the kind of useless posting that is not necessary.

Come on folks your better than this :@

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:47 pm

The whole thread is pointless, considering your attitude towards others in the RIAT thread. Only thing I can see here is someone trying to increase their post count, considering you already replied to the above post 30 mins ago. :S

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Thunder wrote:The whole thread is pointless, considering your attitude towards others in the RIAT thread. Only thing I can see here is someone trying to increase their post count, considering you already replied to the above post 30 mins ago. :S

I'm on about people having manner's, being nice towards each other, respecting each other's difference's and not attacking a person's own way of life ie financial situation or status.

I already appoligized in my opening post, waiting on folks to do the same.

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Hopefully this will have a possitive affect on the forum and make people warmer towards each other, and a little more willing to say nice things instead of either saying nothing or criticizing what a person says.

For All of us.

C.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:59 pm

Don't think the forum has a problem, far from it. Yes there are a couple of eejits but you'll get these people regardless.

Bobcode

Post by Bobcode » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:28 pm

As a new member of this forum, my observations are that this forum has little or no problem. I am a member of a couple of other forums, and they are far more vitrolic and back biting. I think Stroudy has it about right.
I fear the op's post says more about him than it does the forum members.......just my opinion. :D

jem60

Post by jem60 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Over the years on FC I have been attacked, sometimes very impolitely, over some of my views. No worries. I love sensible discussion. I have never retaliated in like style. Life is far to short. We all have a wonderful hobby. Mine is just as an enthusiast [although a very experienced one]. The most boring people I have come across are ones that have no passion in their life.
The only thing that bothers me is spelling. I am not bothered about spelling in the post itself. We all make typo's and inaccuracies, but I feel that the headline of the thread at least should be spelt correctly. It stands out like a sore thumb. One doesn't need a spell checker. I have a Collins English Dictionary next to my keyboard. If in doubt, I use it. There is NO place for bad manners, attacks on disabled posters on this, or any other forum. Manners maketh man, or is that too old hat these days?.

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:55 pm

jem60 wrote:Over the years on FC I have been attacked, sometimes very impolitely, over some of my views. No worries. I love sensible discussion. I have never retaliated in like style. Life is far to short. We all have a wonderful hobby. Mine is just as an enthusiast [although a very experienced one]. The most boring people I have come across are ones that have no passion in their life.
The only thing that bothers me is spelling. I am not bothered about spelling in the post itself. We all make typo's and inaccuracies, but I feel that the headline of the thread at least should be spelt correctly. It stands out like a sore thumb. One doesn't need a spell checker. I have a Collins English Dictionary next to my keyboard. If in doubt, I use it. There is NO place for bad manners, attacks on disabled posters on this, or any other forum. Manners maketh man, or is that too old hat these days?.

Thank you for the reply, but after checking the spelling, I have spelt the title correctly, with regards to the rest of your reply - thank you, I believe manners and decency towards each other, is a very important trait.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi, Cornish. I wasn't referring to this post, but posts in general, not necessarily yours. Regards, John.

Supra

Post by Supra » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:20 am

With the greatest of respect, your earlier reply does little to dodge critique!
"Sorry, writting errors without having a grammer or spell checker, not to mention keys on my laptop having a mind of thier own."
Bit of friendly advice, 'hit' the preview button before you post. 'I before E except after C' & all that!
If I was face to face I would tell you in language this forum doesn't permit! :roll:

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Supra wrote:With the greatest of respect, your earlier reply does little to dodge critique!
"Sorry, writting errors without having a grammer or spell checker, not to mention keys on my laptop having a mind of thier own."
Bit of friendly advice, 'hit' the preview button before you post. 'I before E except after C' & all that!
If I was face to face I would tell you in language this forum doesn't permit! :roll:

Sad state of affairs if all certain folk can do is pick up on spelling and grammer, and not take note of the more Important content that is - Not attacking a person due to their status or work situation, as I have said a few times manners and good old fashioned decency are far more important than just spelling.
Also what if I had a disability affecting my way of life (including writting/typing) - Are people shallow enough to pick me up over that.

C.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Cornish-guy wrote: Not attacking a person due to their status or work situation,
C.
Would you care to show me where on this forum and at what time did such an attack occur? I've been a member on here since the forum was relaunched and for a number of years before that, and in all that time I have never seen such as your describing.

From time to time there's the odd altercation that occurs, but 95% of the time it's for the likes of starting pointless threads, gross and continued misspelling, wrongful accusations, and so on. If what you describe above happened or happens then you need to take it up with a moderator straight away.

Return to “General Chat”