Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Prestwick this morning...

Please post Military movements and activities to do with Prestwick here
Hunter

Prestwick this morning...

Post by Hunter » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Experienced a pathetic and very immature reaction from a young man at the fence line at Prestwick this morning! As I was in the area I decided to call by to see if there was any JW traffic in. I was sitting in my car enjoying a coffee when another car pulled up and reversed alongside me. Out gets a young man, camera in hand, which told me; another enthusiast. So, being polite (as is the way with most enthusiasts at fence lines), I get out and greet him with a 'good morning'! The reaction was unbelievable if it wasn't so sad. He entered into a tirade about not sharing information about movements! When I replied that I hadn't asked for any information he merely continued, throwing in the occasional abusive language, even asking me to leave (!) because I was 'obviously' not from the area, according to him. (Maybe he's Prestwick's font of all knowledge...?!?) He even 'threatened' to call the police (!!!), to which I said go ahead; I've no problem talking with the police (it would have been interesting to hear his explanation if he'd done so!). Anyway, to cut to the chase; the only movement he photographed before driving off whilst 'giving the finger' was a Ryanair jet taking off! All of this for a Ryanair aircraft! As if I needed to be given a heads-up about a Ryanair jet when I could far more easily have spent a day at my local airport (Glasgow) having much better luck! Whoever this sad and immature man is be prepared to offer him your sympathies if you happen by him at Prestwick's fence line; he clearly needs to get a life if only to control his somewhat unstable and irrational attitude!
Michael
https://www.michaelleek.co.uk/
Author of
The Panavia Tornado: A Photographic Tribute Pen & Sword Books
The British Aerospace Hawk: A Photographic Tribute Pen & Sword Books
Military Low Flying in the UK Pen and Sword Books

LM47

Re: Prestwick this morning...

Post by LM47 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Sadly it appears that this is happening more often these days.
My experience at Brize Norton was not as bad as yours though.
I arrived just as a Voyager took off so I couldn't read it.
I asked a group of 6 guys who were obviously enthusiasts if they knew its serial and they ignored me. Giving them the benefit of the doubt I asked again and one of them said they didn't note numbers.
What were they all writing in their notebooks I wonder.

EGGX TED

Post by EGGX TED » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:21 pm

What a shame. Most of the folk at Prestwick will share info , however, there are a few who think that keeping it to themselves and depriving others is the appropriate thing to do. Especially if they are not local! This sort of action is not unusual as, being an enthusiast for over 50 years and in Air traffic for more than 45 years, it used to happen in the 60s when we would come down from Glasgow and camp on the beach. The local spotters were NOT friendly, especially when they found out you were from Glasgow!
Anyway I am sure the good guys outweigh the NUMPTYS!

venom

Post by venom » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 pm

:lol: dont tag us with the same brush :grr:

Junkjet

Post by Junkjet » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:15 pm

That was utterly disgracefull for a young man to behave in such a way, what has become of the British people ? We used to have manners and respect our elders. Spotting and photography of aircraft is a great hobby, enjoyed by many, sadly the standards are slipping.
J

honest man

Post by honest man » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:57 pm

Im a Prestwick resident and an enthusiast over 30 years I don't go over there anymore there's a few nitwits hang around there now as Colin said don't tar them all with the same brush there's good people there who are on this as well

venom

Post by venom » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:44 pm

am not saying anymore its a secret :lol:
keep yourself to yourself n be freinds with everyone
colin

honest man

Post by honest man » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:00 pm

:lol: :lol: I just look out my house window or at my work I'm in GE Caledonian good view :thumbs:

venom

Post by venom » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:39 pm

aaaa so its you that makes that amazing smell for lunch time :lol:
colin

honest man

Post by honest man » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:02 pm

venom wrote:aaaa so its you that makes that amazing smell for lunch time :lol:
colin
:lol: : :lol: nice one Colin :thumb:

Return to “Prestwick”