Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Army Helicopter/ Defender Aircraft Visits?

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Leuchars here
Unknown74

Army Helicopter/ Defender Aircraft Visits?

Post by Unknown74 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:38 am

Hi guys, just thought I would ask this just out of interest, do Leuchars get a lot of Army Helicopters or Defender Aircraft visits seeing as Leuchars are now an Army Base?

For some reason I always thought they may have based one or two to support the Dragoons etc. Wishful thinking I suppose.

ythanpythan

Re: Army Helicopter/ Defender Aircraft Visits?

Post by ythanpythan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:40 pm

No

Contrail1958

Post by Contrail1958 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Unknown74 wrote:Hi guys, just thought I would ask this just out of interest, do Leuchars get a lot of Army Helicopters or Defender Aircraft visits seeing as Leuchars are now an Army Base?

For some reason I always thought they may have based one or two to support the Dragoons etc. Wishful thinking I suppose.
Have you ever thought what it actually takes to deploy aircraft and the logistics involved. ?
Was it not yourself that suggested that two Typhoons be based at Glasgow for the last "Games" ?

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:29 pm

[quote="Contrail1958]
Was it not yourself that suggested that two Typhoons be based at Glasgow for the last "Games" ?[/quote]

Bit of an overkill for the Celtic v Rangers matches :whistle:

Return to “RAF Leuchars”