Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Lossiemouth Rubbish

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Lossiemouth here
Nnthusiast

Lossiemouth Rubbish

Post by Nnthusiast » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:17 am

Hi everyone,

Can I just say thanks for the friendly welcome last week during JW17-1, it was much appreciated although I'm stunned no one wanted the biscuits and pop I brought with me.

Still, it will last a few weeks up cad west I think :P

Anyway, one thing I did notice last week, on the Thursday down the south end where I went late afternoon as the sun moved round, as the amount of rubbish simply dumped there.

The count was 5 cans of pop, 7 sweet wrappers and 3 crisp packets.

My friend and I were so stunned that anyone could endanger our future enjoyment of Lossiemouth with both the RAF and the farmer, we went back to the car, got a bag and did a FOD sweep of the fence line and found more empty cans.

My word, what is the world coming too, and that's not even taking into account the 2 very close drone problems near the base on the Tuesday and Wednesday.

This probably / possibly contributed to the 5-10 metre move back requested by MOD plod at the north end around 11.30am on the Friday.

Seriously, is shooting the only answer to these mentally challenged people?

Cheers
Dave

vulcanxl425

Re: Lossiemouth Rubbish

Post by vulcanxl425 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Many thanks Dave for tidying up some of the rubbish left by the "enthusiasts" here at Lossie. Every Joint Warrior this problem happens especially around 05 and 23 area. People arrive and with complete disregard to our advice parking in area around 23 and causing the local MOD Police to take action requesting them to move on for their own safety.We enjoy a good relationship with the base police and wish this to continue when these enthusiasts have long since gone home. Unfortunately there is a small group who arrive each year and could not care about their actions and consequences in order to get close to the action.

Again after JW the local group at Lossie will be tidying up any rubbish/ FOD danger seen.

Al
Al

" Thoir an Aire - Be Always Alert "

CosmonautX

Re: Lossiemouth Rubbish

Post by CosmonautX » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:21 pm

I must admit that I hadn't noticed any extra rubbish on my last couple of visits to Lossie last week, but what I did notice was what seemed to be an increase in the number of people who were standing and photographing in the undershoot at 23, including some with children right up beside the sign on the fence. There have been plenty of photos and videos shared on various Facebook groups from this location too, and from the conversations that ensue on the groups I don't think many will be put off by warnings about the potential risk (or the potential damage to relations between the base and locals/visitors) and be more cautious on their next visit. There was at least one person visiting on Friday who decided to try and argue the toss with the police who instructed them to move back 10m - hardly helpful for keeping good feeling between base security and enthusiasts, but given that they seemed to be visiting from further south and aren't likely to be back until the next exercise it doesn't seem to matter to them whether their behaviour has a knock-on effect.

I understand wanting to get close to the action and to get exciting shots or video, but it seems such a small sacrifice to avoid those particular spots when there are so many good locations close by, but the attitude seems to be that they can take whatever risks they want because "it's my life" without considering that their actions don't just have consequences for them but for everyone involved.

Return to “RAF Lossiemouth”