Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Rosyth Flypast Question......

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
Unknown74

Rosyth Flypast Question......

Post by Unknown74 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi guys just been to try and see the Flypast for The Naming of HMS Prince of Wales Aircraft Carrier taking place at Rosyth from the Edinburgh Area on the Forth Coast and did see them from a distance, just (sticking my neck out) wondered wether anyone knows the ID's of the various Helicopters and Fixed Wing Hawks which took part? Great also to see (from a distance I might add) The Navy Sea Fury up and about again.

To my knowledge and from what I heard Merlins were "DOLPHIN", Sea King AEW was GUARDIAN something?, 3 Hawks were "SATAN" and of Course "NAVY SEA FURY" Also a new callsign "ULTIMATE"? Was that the Chinook?

cscrim

Re: Rosyth Flypast Question......

Post by cscrim » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:44 pm

two hawks were showing on 360radar in the area at the time.

XX159 and XX189. Think 159 was tagged as NavyHawk and 189 was Blue21, nothing else was showing. Hope that is of some help.

Contrail1958

Post by Contrail1958 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Which direction was the Chinook going in ?

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:12 pm

All the Helicopters as far as I could see including the Chinook were initially Easterly heading over Rosyth before turning North East no doubt heading back to Arbroath for HM Condor.

honest man

Post by honest man » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Unknown74 wrote:Hi guys just been to try and see the Flypast for The Naming of HMS Prince of Wales Aircraft Carrier taking place at Rosyth from the Edinburgh Area on the Forth Coast and did see them from a distance, just (sticking my neck out) wondered wether anyone knows the ID's of the various Helicopters and Fixed Wing Hawks which took part? Great also to see (from a distance I might add) The Navy Sea Fury up and about again.

To my knowledge and from what I heard Merlins were "DOLPHIN", Sea King AEW was GUARDIAN something?, 3 Hawks were "SATAN" and of Course "NAVY SEA FURY" Also a new callsign "ULTIMATE"? Was that the Chinook?
Dross in this thread anyway the Heli and Hawk serials are in the Prestwick section

venom

Post by venom » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Flypast
3 hawks prestwick
3 merlins. Dundee
1 chinnook edinburgh
1 sea king.????
1 wildcat leuchars???
1. Sea. Fury
Colin

Return to “Scotland and Ireland”