Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Flypast question.......

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - viewtopic.php?f=6&p=690454#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby Unknown74 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:23 am

Just wondering which direction these will be heading? Wondering wether the same routing as The Reds were on Monday?
Unknown74
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby ythanpythan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:29 am

Unknown74 wrote:Just wondering which direction these will be heading? Wondering wether the same routing as The Reds were on Monday?


Left to Right.
ythanpythan
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby CATCH22 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:48 am

Left to Right.[/quote]

Depends if you're on North or South shoreline :lol:
Cheers Al
CATCH22
 
Location: Under W4D Airway

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby Unknown74 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Just wondered if there is any other information known about this Flypast Tomorrow? Does anyone know which Helicopter and Aircraft Types are to be involved? Also wondered which direction they are likely to be heading, I will probably be watching from the Edinburgh Area? So hoping for either East - West or West to East?
Unknown74
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby Thunder » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Don't understand why you keep asking questions that have already been answered for you.

Left to Right or vice versa which equates to East to West or West to East.


H5459/17: Formation flying will take place
Q) EGPX/QWVLW/IV/M/AW/000/030/5602N00325W013
FORMATION FLYPAST BY UP TO 8 MIL HEL AND 3 FAST JET ACFT WI AREA
BOUNDED BY STRAIGHT LINES JOINING 560400N 0034500W -
560000N 0034500W - 560000N 0030400W - 560400N 0030400W -
560400N 0034500W. (VCY ROSYTH, FIFE). FOR INFO 07753 843552 OR 07753
843552 OR 07765 526344 OPS CTC EDINBURGH ATC 121.2MHZ. 17-09-0112/AS4
LOWER: Surface, UPPER: 3,000 Feet AMSL
FROM: 08 Sep 2017 10:00 GMT (11:00 BST) TO: 08 Sep 2017 11:05 GMT (12:05 BST)
SCHEDULE: 1000-1030 1035-1105

As for a/c probably Merlins, Wildcat, Sea King??(one at PW this am) and F35.
http://www.splashonemodelling.com/
User avatar
Thunder
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby Contrail1958 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Don't forget up and down depending on wither you are at sea level.
But then it starts to get confusing. ;)
Contrail1958
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby scimitar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Contrail1958 wrote:Don't forget up and down depending on wither you are at sea level.
But then it starts to get confusing. ;)


If I'm standing with my back to the Forth will I still see it?
Canon EOS1200D
Canon 18-55mm
Tamron 70-300mm
Tamron 150-600mm
scimitar
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby Thunder » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Depends on the angle of the dangle along with the curvature of the Earth and weather or not you're standing in front of a mirror, then East to West will be Right to Left and West to East will be Left to Right and not the other way round. Of course it could be wall to wall clurg, then you'll see feck all regardless which way you look.
http://www.splashonemodelling.com/
User avatar
Thunder
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby scimitar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Thunder wrote:Depends on the angle of the dangle along with the curvature of the Earth and weather or not you're standing in front of a mirror, then East to West will be Right to Left and West to East will be Left to Right and not the other way round. Of course it could be wall to wall clurg, then you'll see feck all regardless which way you look.


The mirror was going to be looking over my right shoulder but if you think it would better I can move it to my left shoulder.
Canon EOS1200D
Canon 18-55mm
Tamron 70-300mm
Tamron 150-600mm
scimitar
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby ythanpythan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:19 am

See, told you they'd be left to right.
ythanpythan
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby Unknown74 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:44 am

Yes the Helicopters were Left to Right, The 3 Hawks and Navy Sea Fury were Right to Left!
Unknown74
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby Contrail1958 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 am

What are we all going to do for next year ? I'm thinking of step ladders on a box
but I'm unsure which way to face. :thumb:
Contrail1958
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby scimitar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Unknown74 wrote:Yes the Helicopters were Left to Right, The 3 Hawks and Navy Sea Fury were Right to Left!


Did you get the serials?
Canon EOS1200D
Canon 18-55mm
Tamron 70-300mm
Tamron 150-600mm
scimitar
 

Re: Flypast question.......

Postby scimitar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:46 pm

scimitar wrote:
Unknown74 wrote:Yes the Helicopters were Left to Right, The 3 Hawks and Navy Sea Fury were Right to Left!


Did you get the serials?


That'll be a no then based on another useless thread that's been started.
Canon EOS1200D
Canon 18-55mm
Tamron 70-300mm
Tamron 150-600mm
scimitar
 

Previous

Return to Scotland and Ireland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests