Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

F-35 Flypast Rosyth Friday 14.00

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
Al dunn

Re: F-35 Flypast Rosyth Friday 14.00

Post by Al dunn » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:34 am

jwramsay wrote:For those that intend to catch the F35s, some information from a reliable source, plotted on a map of the area:

OTIS 80 168071 departed Fairford talking about meeting recievers

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=133441

Rory

Post by Rory » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:29 pm

On my way to Rosyth.. Weather has improved massively since this morning!! It was horrible earlier.

I'm going to sit at South queensferry. Fingers crossed it's a good view

Leucharsbox

Post by Leucharsbox » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Just back from watching the flypast from Limekilns about 1/4 mile west of the ship, a huge disappointment weather wise as the flypast appeared during a very heavy rain shower. The first time the formation went over they appeared closer to the south bank of the Forth than the north, the second pass was much closer but I didn't even bother with the camera as it was just x3 grey silhouettes.
As per usual within 5 mins of the flypast the sun was out.
With all the effort taken to get the flypast to take place it's a shame it couldn't have been delayed by 5 mins to allow the weather through.
I really do wonder if the photographer in the back seat of the Hawk will have any usable pictures of the F-35s over the ship at all

All in all a huge disappointment

B.Regards Tony.

Rory

Post by Rory » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:05 pm

It was horrible timing. I was standing at port Edgar probably half a kilometer west of the new bridge. When they passed over the first time they were across the other side of the river.. Much further to the north than I expected!

When they passed over the carriers I could barely see them as they disappeared into rain clouds. Can't imagine any good photos from the Hawk! They went west and turned around and did the same pass through the rain.

However, they banked sharply to the right and passed right over my head at port Edgar! Made my day! :D :D

Weather was brilliant 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after. Really bad timing! They could have held for a few minutes instead of making the easyjet hold at EDI

jwramsay

Post by jwramsay » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:47 pm

https://youtu.be/RfYfYs8-kRs

Astoundingly poor timing today by the rain shower!
Scottish Aviation Photographers (SAP) - Facebook

Return to “Scotland and Ireland”