Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

New fence being put in?

Please post movements and activities to do with Warton Aerodrome here
powerslave

New fence being put in?

Post by powerslave » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:46 pm

Is there a new fence being put in around the south sound of the airfield at Warton.
One of my work mates told me today that they are putting in a new barb wire fence higher than the wooden fence which there is now..
Looks like that's going to put a stop to seeing over the fence at Warton.

Anyone know anything about this?

Ian

jetnoise

Re: New fence being put in?

Post by jetnoise » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:29 pm

Have just had a look on the local council's website for the planning application.
At the moment the new fencing is shown at a few locations on the western side of the field only - not along Stone Lane :clap:
Jet noise
(The sound of freedom)
Nostalgia isn't what is used to be
Lots more pics on my flickr page - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nog59/

powerslave

Post by powerslave » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:27 pm

My mate lives in Freckleton and he said its going all along the southern side which is Naze Lane,they are putting it in now.
Not seen it myself can only go on what he told me

Ian

johnhowe

Post by johnhowe » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:17 am

http://www3.fylde.gov.uk/online-applica ... CAPR_42930 It is a fine mesh fence where you could not see through the wooden fence everything is clearly visible through the new fence may not be so good for photographers but OK for spotters.

Merry Xmas to all the spotters at Warton and all my friends at Avro Lancashire. Frank.

PS Fantastic article in the Autumn "Heads Up" (22) of Prof Brian Cox chasing the setting sun in a Typhoon flown by Tarnish 69.

Return to “Warton Aerodrome”