Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Lecture on MRCA PO 2 Film of PO 1 FF Germany

Please post movements and activities to do with Warton Aerodrome here
johnhowe

Lecture on MRCA PO 2 Film of PO 1 FF Germany

Post by johnhowe » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:41 pm

The Preston Branch of the Royal Aeronautical Society will be having a lecture on Tornado on Wednesday the 14th September, 2016 the early years of MRCA/Tornado Development by Dave Ward Ex BAE Systems now of the Heritage Department. This will be held at Warton.

Edit; A second lecture on Tornado PO 2 XX 946 Early Test Flying will be given by Dave Williams Ex BAE Systems at Samlesbury on the 12th, October
2016. There will also be a Buffet tickets priced at £5.00p the usual practise is to pay on the night.

There will also be The History of The Royal Aeronautical Society by Bill Tyack Past President RAeS on the same date.
Last edited by johnhowe on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:21 am, edited 11 times in total.

stickshaker

Re: Advance notice of Lecture at Warton on PO 2

Post by stickshaker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Thanks - however, I see that the RAeS Website has the second lecture at Samlesbury, and by a different speaker. It also suggests that non-members are welcome?

johnhowe

Lecture at Warton Wednesday 14th, September 2016.

Post by johnhowe » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Our speaker tonight Dave Ward gave an in depth view of the tornado from its infancy his talk was full of interesting anecdotes there were a number of films such as spinning trials, the first flight of the German MRCA PO 1 which had to be flown by a British Test Pilot because they had more experience than their German counterparts.

johnhowe

Re: Lecture at Samlesbury Wednesday 12th, October 2016

Post by johnhowe » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:03 am

Just a reminder the buffet starts at 18.45pm followed by the lectures at 19.30pm I have secured 3 buffet tickets for friends to be collected tonight, I'm told that there are a few left which can be purchased tonight priced at £5.00p.
https://uk.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search; ... g._.0116tb First Flight of PO 1 flown by Paul millet in Germany

johnhowe

Re: Lecture on MRCA PO 2 Film of PO 1 FF Germany

Post by johnhowe » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:38 pm

What a fantastic lecture Dave Williams gave on MRCA PO 2 XX 946 from its inception to first flight the lecture was full of anecdotes the one I particularly liked concerned The Red Flag Exercises the Defenders F 15Cs and F16s tried to bounce the GR1 Tornados but the Tonkas were flying ultra low and the Yanks never ever got a lock on.

Before the Tonkas flew on Red Flags, the Jaguars and Buccaneers also aquitted themselves very well against all USAF aircraft.

Return to “Warton Aerodrome”