Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Pair of hercs into Weeton ??

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
SeanW

Pair of hercs into Weeton ??

Post by SeanW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:48 pm

working near Lytham St Annes today and caught a glimpse of a very low C130 but it wasn't anywhere near Warton , was more over Weeton barracks area followed by possibly another one half hour later with a Blue/white tail which came in across the top of Warton but again went down near Weeton somewhere ... didnt see either leave the area ...

any ideas anyone ?
Last edited by SeanW on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rh226

Re: Pair of hercs into Weeton

Post by rh226 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Was it like the 1st picture in viewtopic.php?f=16&t=150218?

If so, that is ZH866, the Boscombe Down Hercules.
Cheers, Bob

SeanW

Re: Pair of hercs into Weeton

Post by SeanW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Yep .. Thanks rh226 .. that was the second one .. The first didnt have any tail art as far as i could see
Both seemed to drop below the Tree line around Weeton, but i wasnt aware of a landing strip there .. from where i was working the angles of approach were well off for Warton and Blackpools runways by the way the Phoons were i and out today

TombsRIP

Re: Pair of hercs into Weeton ??

Post by TombsRIP » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 pm

They would have a tough job landing a hercules at Weeton army camp. No runway or grass area large enough to land one. Only helis visit there occasionally probably using a sports field or parade ground
The herk you saw was doing an approach to rwy 28 at Blackpool airport (Squires Gate).didnt land just a "flythrough or practice diversion".

Return to “Northern England”