Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

not to friendly

Please post movements and activities to do with AAC Dishforth here
jamesf94

not to friendly

Post by jamesf94 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:06 pm

was standing on the road to the west of the base taking pictures of the lynx's when we were approached buy a military personnel who told us we weren't aloud to take photos form this location of mod property. this had put a real dampener on our great day out that we had leading to this don't know if anyone else has had this problem

thanks Jamesfair94
James fairweather

http://northernap.weebly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesfair94/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisellio

Re: not to friendly

Post by chrisellio » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:29 pm

The base security usually drive by and have a look but haven't had a problem myself

Chris

mikev1984

Post by mikev1984 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:34 pm

jamesf94 wrote:was standing on the road to the west of the base taking pictures of the lynx's when we were approached buy a military personnel who told us we weren't aloud to take photos form this location of mod property. this had put a real dampener on our great day out that we had leading to this don't know if anyone else has had this problem

thanks Jamesfair94

That's due to most of the troops etc the last week and this are
SAS ' trainees ' on exercise Chameleon ;-)
Did they not help relocate you at all?

normie

Post by normie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:24 am

Confused a bit because if you are on a public road surely you are not on MOD property and normaly grass verges of up to 6 feet wide are judged to be part of the road. I would have thought that if you where not causing an obstruction on the road you would have been okay

mikev1984

Post by mikev1984 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Public road or not near the elite SAS soldiers to be you will be told to move on if taking photos
Its common sense really try farther away from the airfield

chrisellio

Post by chrisellio » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Think you'll find the special forces people were operating from leeming and not dishforth

Chris Procter

Post by Chris Procter » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:08 am

The Police at Dishforth always used to move me from the road outside then about 2 yrs ago the lines on the rd dissapeared and they sometimes used to stop and ask but then left us alone

in a couple of years time the Army air corp are moving out so it wont be happening the base is being taken over by 6 regiment which is moving in from Gutersloh in Germany which is shutting down

mikev1984

Post by mikev1984 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:32 am

chrisellio wrote:Think you'll find the special forces people were operating from leeming and not dishforth

Both fields actually as they always do

Apollo

Post by Apollo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:50 am

If they were SAS then they should have been wearing these anyway http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SAS-S ... 7675.l2557
Sent from my goredly stained keyboard.

chrisellio

Post by chrisellio » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Not sure if 6 regiment are coming to Dishforth, I understand its RLC that are taking over
Chris Procter wrote:The Police at Dishforth always used to move me from the road outside then about 2 yrs ago the lines on the rd dissapeared and they sometimes used to stop and ask but then left us alone

in a couple of years time the Army air corp are moving out so it wont be happening the base is being taken over by 6 regiment which is moving in from Gutersloh in Germany which is shutting down

adderman

Post by adderman » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:35 am

The civvie police would normally move you on anyway if they saw you parked along there.
A168 on that side of the base is a clearway, see roadsigns at each end. I always get bugged as to why they allow trucks to park in those 'non-layby' pull-offs overnight!
Was a lot worse when the Apaches were there.

Mike

Chris Procter

Post by Chris Procter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:45 am

adderman wrote:The civvie police would normally move you on anyway if they saw you parked along there.
A168 on that side of the base is a clearway, see roadsigns at each end. I always get bugged as to why they allow trucks to park in those 'non-layby' pull-offs overnight!
Was a lot worse when the Apaches were there.

Mike
Mike
I have to disagree with you about the A168 it is a road I have had many a run in with both the civil police and the Army security Police over the years

past 2 years ago the internal Police would come and always move us on.. yet the civil police would ask what we were doing and leave us after name checks etc

since then (last 2 years) the civilian police have pulled up only 'once' and asked our names and left us to get on the with our spotting

but have been reading that the police are now moving people on again

well after this debate on here and past debates about spotting on that road I have expanded my limited Knowledge a little bit regarding clearways by reading the highway code and the law

The A168 is sign posted as a clearway at each end saying clearway for 2.5 miles

the Law regarding clearways is that
it is Illegal to stop on the main carriageway of a Clearway

it is not illegal to park in a Layby on a clearway if that Layby does not have a sign stating NO PARKING

The A168 has Various pull ins used now as Laybys by all and sundry - the argument from the police was that they were access crash gates to the motorway.. which is no longer the case as the whole length of the road has now been banked up with soil and a permanent fence that is concreted in

and as for your comment about the truck drivers bug you parking in the laybys - what are they hurting there are no houses and bothering no one
perhaps a sign asking all the truckers to park up in Topcliffe Village with fridges humming all night long would be less annoying to you!!!

the truck drivers have got to park somewhere so I suggest you are a bit more tolerant of them

adderman

Post by adderman » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Chris.

Well, opened a can of worms there my friend.
The reason I'm bugged re truck drivers parking there is that they should park somewhere within walking distance of sanitary facilities...eg bogs/toilets/lavvies whatever you call them!
I'm a driver myself(the big coldstore apx 4 miles s of Dishforth) and it irritates the hell out of me that WE have so little proper rest areas on or near our motorways that don't cost the earth to park in overnight.
If you've ever tried parking in a layby overnight(are you a driver?) then you might know how bad it is with traffic sweeping past inches from your door.
The more people who do it, only encourages bosses that proper truckstops are no longer needed, but that isn't for this forum, so apologies for going off message.

Mike.

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:58 am

adderman wrote: it irritates the hell out of me that WE have so little proper rest areas on or near our motorways that don't cost the earth to park in overnight.
You clearly haven't overnighted in a Moto services recently!

Return to “AAC Dishforth”