Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Littering - likely suspects

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Leeming here
Duke 83

Littering - likely suspects

Post by Duke 83 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:29 pm

I don't want to go off piste, but I see yet another comment about littering in the spotters' car park (see also Lakenheath etc), and the danger that "powers that be" will close said car parks as spotters are a filthy irresponsible lot. Well I've never seen a spotter drop litter. If I did, I'd take a photo of the culprit and post it on this forum. The litter goes in the bins provided - and then it gets spread around during the quiet hours, most likely by foxes, or by feral cats, looking for dinner.

If anyone is in contact with "powers that be" - make this point - it's 99% odds on it's the local wildlife. Ask anybody who has had their household refuse raided and knows how bold these beasts are. Easy Solution - take the litter bins away and put up a sign saying please take your litter home for pest control/environmental reasons.

I'm not going to reply to any comments - if any - but feel free to cross post if you think helpful.

Neil W

britaylor

Re: Littering - likely suspects

Post by britaylor » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Agree with you it happen at Coningsby till there put wheeler bins in now almost no litter in the car park now the old burger man was being charged for litter till he proved them wrong and install these wheeler bins

gramp.t

Post by gramp.t » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:03 am

Certainly a possibility, but I have witnessed littering on occasions, the wildlife involved having driven from a MacDonalds!

Supra

Post by Supra » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:34 am

If you had only seen the evidence of Maccy'D, it could still be bin-raiding wildlife?
If you witnessed the dropping of litter by individual miscreants, that's down to animals too! :@

Colin

Post by Colin » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:23 pm

In answer to the first post.
RAF Leeming are well aware that a lot of the problems in Leeming's Viewing Enclosure are caused by wildlife rummaging through the bins looking for food.
Action has been taken by removal of the Litter bins and a major tidy up of the spotting enclosure has taken place. Also there are now signs posted asking those that use the Viewing Enclosure to take home any litter with them. The viewing enclosure will be monitored to see how things progress.
As a member of FLAG(Friends of Leeming Aviation Group) who work closely with the base I know that they are keen to keep this facility open because they know that the people that use this are their extra eyes and ears with regard to security. Hopefully in the not too distant future there will be an official letter from the base outlining their plans and what has been discussed by way of making sure the enclosure stays open, which we have been asked to post up on the various forums.
So watch this space.
Colin

normie

Post by normie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Thank you for the last message I could not agree more Colin

Return to “RAF Leeming”