Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Local Air Shows

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Leeming here
Billyzinc

Local Air Shows

Post by Billyzinc » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:21 am

Always been a believer in supporting local events but a bit worried about DTV show this year, it'll be OK for youngsters and families wanting a day out but for a veteran of the RAF shows there, many American shows in East Anglia and the like and Farnborough, it looks to be a bit pedestrian. Similarly money for the Scampton might have been better spent on Duxford, as they don't seem to be adding too much to their display. Scampton has time to improve but DTV is next month and don't look like getting any exotics.

I realise this is not Leeming news, but as a friendly at Leeming I'm sure others must be looking at the local shows.

Yorkshire82

Re: Local Air Shows

Post by Yorkshire82 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:10 pm

I remember going to the 1995 ( i think it was) air show at Leeming. Last one i believe...would be lovely to bring it back. Even a one off would be great!

Billyzinc

Post by Billyzinc » Tue May 02, 2017 7:57 am

I noticed that SKYLIVE who run the DTV air show have a picture of the Red arrows on their web pages, but they are not appearing, as confirmed by their "What's on" list. I pointed out to them that it was misleading, on their Facebook page (posts now removed). At least two people had put notes on the SKY live competition thread on their facebook page saying they were looking forward to seeing them, SKYLIVE seem to have deleted my observations and I am unable put anymore notes for some reason. I tried private messaging but am greeted with "This person isn't available at the moment". I am going to this show, and the presence or not of the Red arrows isn't important to me, I just didn't want to see the faces of disappointed little (or not so little) boys, who might think that the Arrows will be there. I know this is the Leeming page, but I assume that some air enthusiasts, who visit the car park, might be attending the show, however few fast jets are there this year.

Supra

Post by Supra » Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 am

As you feel so strongly about this (rightly so IMO!) why not start a new Topic in the 'Mess' where it's more likely to be seen, rather than 'Air-shows' or here? Maybe, also start your own 'Face-ache' page & invite others to 'retwat' it, or whatever people do these days? :S
DTV are not unique in featuring aircraft on their Posters & Marketing blurb that are/were never going to appear at the event advertised! I'm not sure where the libel/slander line is on this subject, but you could certainly 'suggest' continued misleading advertising in the face of knowledge to the contrary in the public domain for some time now?
Sadly their 'get-out-of-jail' card could be a flypast in transit elsewhere, so check first, but good luck in explaining that one to the kids!
I had that at Farnborough 2016. The 'Arrows' took-off, flew past with smoke, fffffflew-off home! :grr:

Return to “RAF Leeming”