Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Activity over North Yorkshire 16th & 17th May

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Leeming here
Aygee

Activity over North Yorkshire 16th & 17th May

Post by Aygee » Tue May 17, 2016 10:01 pm

Does anyone know what the aircraft are that are playing over NY at the moment - as they were last night at about the same time? Also where they are from?

I'm assuming something like F15s from Lakenheath.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:D

David Thompson

Re: Activity over North Yorkshire 16th & 17th May

Post by David Thompson » Tue May 17, 2016 10:10 pm

Cobham Falcons out from Teesside on both nights plus some Typhoons up from Coningsby . See the CBY section for advanced notice of night flying this week .
There was also a Tornado up here from Marham last night , Tirpitz 52 ? , and there is a thread about that too .

If you live up here it may be worth joining a local forum such as the Leeming Yahoo Group which often has posts on fast jet activity ?
Youth is wasted on the young !

teeonefixer

Post by teeonefixer » Tue May 17, 2016 10:44 pm

2 Falcons, 2 RAF Hercs, several Tornados and Typhoons visible on ads-b, around here and the North Sea this evening, with A330 ZZ337 and a MC130J further afield

Aygee

Post by Aygee » Wed May 18, 2016 8:06 am

David Thompson wrote:Cobham Falcons out from Teesside on both nights plus some Typhoons up from Coningsby . See the CBY section for advanced notice of night flying this week .
There was also a Tornado up here from Marham last night , Tirpitz 52 ? , and there is a thread about that too .

If you live up here it may be worth joining a local forum such as the Leeming Yahoo Group which often has posts on fast jet activity ?
Thank you - for some reason I looked everywhere except the Coningsby section!!

I normally get e-mail notifications from RAF Leeming about unusual activity but assume they will only tell me about their own stuff rather than anything from other bases.

Razor01

Post by Razor01 » Sat May 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Aygee - can you advise who to contact to get such emails - I've just moved and my house backs onto Leeming be good to get a heads up from the base.

Thanks

P

Aygee

Post by Aygee » Sun May 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Razor01 wrote:Aygee - can you advise who to contact to get such emails - I've just moved and my house backs onto Leeming be good to get a heads up from the base.

Thanks

P
The e-mail address (which is in the public domain as they include it in their notifications which I print and display) is lee-BSW-mod.uk

Hope that helps you.

Gwyneth

Return to “RAF Leeming”