Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

hedgehoppers anonymous

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Wittering & RAF Cottesmore here
markymash

hedgehoppers anonymous

Post by markymash » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Did anyone know that the one hit wonder group Hedgehoppers Anonymous were all serving RAF personnel in the 60's, working on V-Bombers at wittering. Just a bit of useless trivia for those who didn't already know. As you can see i'm very bored.
http://www.45-rpm.org.uk/dirh/hedgehoppersa.htm

Mayfly
Location: 20 minutes from Coningsby, 25 from Waddington, 20 from Cranwell

Re: hedgehoppers anonymous

Post by Mayfly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Goodness a blast from the past, my boss was something to do with them but about 8 years before I was a at Wittering.
Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorF3zlsnm4

1965brat

Post by 1965brat » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:06 am

OMG! Iwas just listening to the track on my i-pod! Hedgehoppers anonymous were a favourite ours in the billet at RAF Hereford back in 1965. As a young Admin Apprentice just savouring the delights of RAF life, it was great to listen to music without the interruption of parents and the inevitable,'Turn that rubbish off/down' I absolutely loved every single minute of my life at Hereford. Purchasing my discharge in '73 was a B-I-G mistake and a lifelong regret...even to this day. Back to the music, i've got all my 65 faves on a cd. Fabulous!

Lowfly11

Post by Lowfly11 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:43 am

Worth a look on You Tube as well.Regards Tim

hiphop

Post by hiphop » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:23 am

my mate sings sixties stuff and he was singing at a pub in cambridgeshire one sat night where the landlord used to be a member of hedgehoppers anonymous, i cant remember the name of the village or the pub he was telling us a few stories of the things the group used to get up to, i think they appeared at the castle club at raf coningsby where i used to go reguarly

Return to “RAF Wittering & Cottesmore”