Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Waddington Open Yet

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Waddington here
baz1

Re: Waddington Open Yet

Post by baz1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:08 am

Doughnut wrote:Interested to see the 54sqn 100th Anniversary scheme E-3D. Made me think where is the current RAF fleet and when will Waddington be fully open ?
I note John said November be he didn't mention which year!
Comfortably Numb

Rockstar

Post by Rockstar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:23 pm

Reported on local news today that the base is expected to be "fully operational by the end of the year with all four aircraft types operating from the base"

Prior to this I had heard early December mentioned as a time when all the aircraft should be moving back, but no doubt need to allow an element of flexibility in this.

Thor

Post by Thor » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Should be fully operational by the end of the first week of December. Don't expect to see any movements other than construction equipment being taken away between now and Nov 8th though as I'm told the airfield will be closed to fixed-wing traffic during that time. The navaids will also need recalibrating before the airfield reopens fully, so there's likely to be a calibrator droning around endlessly for a couple of days mid-month,

C24

Post by C24 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:12 am

Here's one prepared earlier.

:roll:

http://www.51squadron.com/Main.html
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Return to “RAF Waddington”