Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF Coningsby Farmers Field

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Coningsby here
LTFT5

RAF Coningsby Farmers Field

Post by LTFT5 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi to all,

Quick question in relation to the farmer who owns the fields around the base, particularly the field at the corner of runway 25 and the mound.
He has granted access over many years and has always been very accommodating whenever I have knocked on his door to look for somewhere alternative to park.

Has anybody done a collection for him during the recent deployment of the German Airforce?

If the answer to the question is no and I can make it next week I'm thinking about asking everybody for a voluntary donation to collect and give to him.
Totally voluntary with no pressure from myself.

Just a thought.

Andy
“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”

slogen51

Re: RAF Coningsby Farmers Field

Post by slogen51 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:14 pm

That is a great idea

I know the farmer himself occasionally has a box in the 25 field for donations which are earmarked for a charity such as help for heroes or for the RAF family (although I haven't seen that box on my last visit)

starfighter

Post by starfighter » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Appreciate this great idea,hopefully you’ll be up there on Wednesday when I will gladly give to this kind person,
There aren’t many who put up with us ,let alone make us feel welcome.
Steve. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

mikepam69

Post by mikepam69 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:22 pm

I went there last tuesday and was hoping to donate as I have done on previous visits but there was no box.I know a lot wont put in but I appreciate his generosity in letting us on there and I am more than happy to donate I met him once and he is a really decent guy and I remember last years poor donation amount with the hordes of people who parked in his field.I hope he puts it up again so the real enthusiasts can show their appreciation but the selfish ones will just walk on by such a shame whats a couple of quid.I drive 75miles to get there and I aint well off so come on people if the box is there put some money in it 👍

paulh

Post by paulh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Great idea Andy - have sent you a pm.

Cheers - Paul.

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:17 pm

First time I've about his charity box, where did he normally place it? I would certainly have chipped in if I had known (and I'm sure a great many of the FC'rs would have too) :huh:

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:02 am

It was a heavy duty metal box secured to a log or bit of old machinery just inside the field entrance with an appropriate sign. I normally chipped in a £1 if I was around there - I stayed in the official viewing carpark this time around

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:10 am

I'll certainly keep me eye out for it when I'm down on Tuesday then. In a similar vein I always pay the honesty box whenever I visit John's Field, for the service he provides. :thumb:

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:14 am

LTFT5 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:01 pm
Hi to all,

Quick question in relation to the farmer who owns the fields around the base, particularly the field at the corner of runway 25 and the mound.
He has granted access over many years and has always been very accommodating whenever I have knocked on his door to look for somewhere alternative to park.

Has anybody done a collection for him during the recent deployment of the German Airforce?

If the answer to the question is no and I can make it next week I'm thinking about asking everybody for a voluntary donation to collect and give to him.
Totally voluntary with no pressure from myself.

Just a thought.

Andy

Could a collection (on-line) for the farmer be organised through the forum?

LTFT5

Post by LTFT5 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Thanks for all the replies.
The box has not been there for awhile now hence why I will do a quick whip round on my next visit Tues/ Weds to say thank you to the farmer.
All the best
Andy
“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”

Return to “RAF Coningsby”