Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

"Another day in paradise "(Mon 13/8/18

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Coningsby here
Rhubarb

"Another day in paradise "(Mon 13/8/18

Post by Rhubarb » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Usual route Scampton first. The old officers Mess is still in a shocking state ! Perhaps it could be turned into the Scampton Visitors Centre when and if the airfield closed ? Wado next, not even a Kingair doing rollas ! Then Woodhall Spar to Fighter Town. All in bed till 11:00 bst it said on here. Must have been a heavy weekend for the girls and boys ! After the rain came the Dac on some sort of test flight. Then came the wasps, no not the ex fleet air arm but loads of pesky flower hunters. :@ Here's a tip"never ever" wear lumenesant colours at Coningsby. The wasps thought I was a large blue bedding plant ! It was the colour as when I put my green bomber jacket on Flt Wasp dfc & bar went for other targets of opertunity !
This hobby is always very social I find. Every time I meet interesting characters to pass the time of day with. This visit brought a friendly guy from York an ex overlooker from the Bradford textile industry. But who did he remind me of ? Well for you soap fans he looked and sounded just like Alick Gilroy. Then a three some of southern gun camera touting people. Two of them were cameraetts ! Keen too ! All three were photographers from the nature world but enjoyed the metal birds as subjects. Last but least was a great lad from Warrington stopping at the popular holiday site on the 07 end approach.
"Woooooorrrrrrack" oh yes we had a QRA practise launch but no supersonic boom ! The double glazing sales figures will be down again this month ! Common you pilots the sales people need to make a living :D Oh dear no F35s again :unsure: Could the Marham flyers please save me some fuel :roll:
Then it was home for what I fancied "beans on toast" !
(End of brief) 18:00 zulu
"A Rhubarb" is a sortie of opportunity !

Return to “RAF Coningsby”