Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Another day in paradise "well Lincolnshire anyway " !

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Coningsby here
Rhubarb

Another day in paradise "well Lincolnshire anyway " !

Post by Rhubarb » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:50 pm

It was red hot in Derbyshire yesterday ! Guess what on my aviation day out it was dull, lowish grey cloud and even spots of that rain stuff ! Missed out Scampton and called in at Wado. Wad-y-a know the standard Beech King doing rolla's. So on to fightertown. Had a massive diversion at Woodall Spar through Horncastel :grr: It's expensive enough in this hobby without scenic routes ! Eventually landed at Coningsby at 13:00. Gobbled the tomato and sardine sandwiches, sipped the coffee and waited and waited :unsure: Kick off was at 16:00 said a local ?
Then three guys arrived from the Netherlands. I spent a lot of time chatting to these very plesant aviation senior experts who spoke excellent English. I ask how they developed such good english. At school and watching english films with Dutch subtitles was their answer. A lesson there perhaps for ofsted :blush:
They believed the Dutch air force are replacing their aging F16's with 17 x F35a's (the none hover type). " Why F35's " I said ? Political was the reply with muffled comments about doing what uncle Sam wants :unsure:
Then as advertised the BBMF came out. First up the Dac then the Spits and Hurri's beat up the airfield. The Lanc joined the show and they all practised the Palace fly bye for tomorrow. A what sounded like a German photographer directed a photo shoot from a STOL type thing which the Dutch lads recognised but I forgot what they said. Did I hear the photographer say "brexit" or was it "break it", difficult to tell with AM receivers :Oops:
They all left for Wado just after the sun came out !
A jolly good day after all !
"A Rhubarb" is a sortie of opportunity !

slogen51

Re: Another day in paradise "well Lincolnshire anyway " !

Post by slogen51 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:34 am

Nice report.

There should be quite a few Typhoons taking off today hopefully.

I have watched a few German and Dutch films in my time but I didn't pick up much of the language!

Nighthawke

Re: Another day in paradise "well Lincolnshire anyway " !

Post by Nighthawke » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:15 am

Your "STOL type thing" was an Austrian civilian-registered Short Skyvan apparently

Return to “RAF Coningsby”