Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Tornado Bow Out/F-35 Arrival

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Marham here
3051Howe

Tornado Bow Out/F-35 Arrival

Post by 3051Howe » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:43 pm

So I’m a bit out of the loop and apologies if this has already been answered, but does anyone know when the last day of Tonka flying is going to be? I’m assuming there’ll be some sort of flypasts etc.

And on the same note does anyone know when the first F-35s are due to arrive. I know it’s meant to be in April but trying to plan leave at work to make sure I’m there!
instagram.com/cjh3051photography

POL

Re: Tornado Bow Out/F-35 Arrival

Post by POL » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:44 pm

3051Howe wrote:I know it’s meant to be in April but trying to plan leave at work to make sure I’m there!
I thought it was the first week in June!

Freeman Lowell

Post by Freeman Lowell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:07 pm

I'm with Chris. Hence the enthusiasts day at Marham is later that month :unsure:
Freeman
It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:22 pm

The plan was to have them arrive on or for the 75th anniversary of Op Chastise, Last time I was at Marham the target date had slipped until 31st May. That was a while ago, so might have slipped again. I wonder if they will Island hop they across the Atlantic, like as normal RAF trail or do it in one go

April 2019 for the Tornados, hence the rough countdown in my signature. I'm counting down until 1st April, they'll likely be gone by the new tax year though
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

Blackjack56

Post by Blackjack56 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:02 am

I was going to post a few questions along those lines but they have all been answered,thank's all,i think whatever date the final day of Tonka operations it will be a sad one,personally i think with the syria situation and the problems of getting a very complex aircraft[F35]fully operational the Tornado's will have a stay of execution as did the vulcan with the falklands conflict,although i do wonder just how many will be left by then as they seem to be going up to leeming at an alarming rate!.i haven't been over to Marham this year so i'm going to put that right as soon as possible.happy hunting all.Mark

raameagle

Post by raameagle » Tue May 01, 2018 10:32 pm

The Tornado doesn't go out of service until Spring next year.
Regards
Mark

Return to “RAF Marham”