Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

As a percentage...

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Marham here
J@BRX

As a percentage...

Post by J@BRX » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi,

Don't get chance to visit Suffolk and Norfolk much, but have Thursday next week free, and thinking about this could be the day to visit East Anglia. Through your experiences recently, what chance would there be to see (a) No Tornado, (b) A Tornado (c) 2 Tornado or (d) More than 2 Tornado!

Haven't been for around 12 months and on that day saw only 2. Plus nothing flew in our out of Lakenheath!

I see the opening times for next Thursday are 16.00 - 22.00 so, am I right to assume there will be no flying before 4pm, and likely to be some after 4pm?

There hasn't been much info about Marham posted recently, again, I assume this is due to lack of activity?

I understand that visiting an airfield is hit and miss at best of times, but any info appreciated.

Thanks,

J
"A man who expects nothing, is never disappointed"

KarlADrage

Re: As a percentage...

Post by KarlADrage » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:31 pm

8 to 10 departures (possibly up to 6 different jets) is pretty much the typical daily quota when they are day flying these days.

1600 opening hours would indicate nothing will move before then, so numbers might be rather different.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:21 pm

If they are following the old pattern it might be Op Shader squadron swap next week, so it could be a quiet one if it is. Don't think some of the ex 12(B) are deployable just yet so they might be flying though
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

J@BRX

Post by J@BRX » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks for the info... going to keep an eye on the weather too. Hopefully make it down and split the day between Lakenheath and Marham.

Cheers again!

J@BRX

Post by J@BRX » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:38 pm

X3 Tornado departures thus far since 4pm

arch

Post by arch » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:10 pm

I'll wager they will finnish early as it's easter weekend !!!!

J@BRX

Post by J@BRX » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:56 pm

The 3 that departed between 4 - 4.30ish all back before 6pm. Am happy with that. Travelled further for less. We waited around until it got dark, nowt else moving, so back to West Yorks. Thanks again to everyone who posts info for us all to benefit from.

Return to “RAF Marham”