Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

"John's Field" Site Rules

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Mildenhall here
davekench

Re: "John's Field" Site Rules

Post by davekench » Wed May 31, 2017 6:56 am

Am I right in thinking that during the day you can leave John's field to visit say Chippy/Lakenheath etc and do not have to pay upon your return? Years ago when the original John was there that was the case you only paid the once per day, but I have not visited since, but hope to start again soon.

Dave

bikerant

Post by bikerant » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Hello,
I've emailed John this question but haven't heard back yet - could someone else help?

Are (well behaved) dogs under strict control allowed on John's field?

Many thanks
Tony

Bobcode

Post by Bobcode » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi, could someone please advise me on whereabouts John's field can be found ?
Many thanks.....

Mark Owen

Post by Mark Owen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Mark Owen.

Philwinward

Post by Philwinward » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:11 pm

I raised the subject of dogs with John some time ago. Dogs only accepted if kept in car at all times. This unfortunately limits my visits but I accept Johns decision. It is his property and HE can be held responsible for any incidents that may occur.
He has his reasons which I accept.

This is not meant to criticise John in any way, we all have to accept the rules. Wish there were more like him in our hobby!

Phil

bikerant

Post by bikerant » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks for the reply, Phil...
Tony
Philwinward wrote:I raised the subject of dogs with John some time ago. Dogs only accepted if kept in car at all times. This unfortunately limits my visits but I accept Johns decision. It is his property and HE can be held responsible for any incidents that may occur.
He has his reasons which I accept.

This is not meant to criticise John in any way, we all have to accept the rules. Wish there were more like him in our hobby!

Phil

Bobcode

Post by Bobcode » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:28 pm

Spot on Mark ! Many thanks .

Mark Owen

Post by Mark Owen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Your welcome. :thumbs:

Regards.

Mark.
Mark Owen.

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:38 am

Dogs are permittef as long as they are kept on a lead and ya pick thier crap up.Don't think John would be pleased if ya kept ya dogs in a car all day long especialy when its a hot one.
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

Geoff

Post by Geoff » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:48 am

I am sure all the responseable people agree with the way John runs the site, it`s by far the best for viewing, I travel 166 miles and would be gutted like most if the site closed, many thanks Hohn for the amenities you provide

muffat

Post by muffat » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:17 am

Hello

My son and I are new to the hobby and have spent a fair bit of time in the field recently. We greatly appreciate the services John has offered and willingly put our money in the tin on each visit. Chris and I have both been brought up to respect other peoples property and we take our litter home without even thinking about.

Chris and I are immensely grateful to John and the enthusiasts who have guided us at the start of our new interest.

Thank you one and all.

Andy Muff

CookipediaChef

Post by CookipediaChef » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:05 pm

DON'T WALK ON THE CROP FIELD AND CERTAINLY DON'T PARK ON IT!

The field that is closest to the flat-bed trailer may look like grass but it is actually the farmer's crop of ryegrass [usually grown for fodder]. Driving and walking on it reduces it's yield. It's makes John angry and if the farmer [John's landlord] knew, he would be even angrier!

Special amenities like this are few and very far between, let do everything we can to ensure we don't lose them.
--Jerry

AndyB

Post by AndyB » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:20 pm

I paid my first visit to John's Field today. What a fantastic place. However I nearly drove across the said field. Fortunately I decided to use the track but I must say that the field looked just like the correct parking area. Maybe a temporary sign could be used?

Punkrunner62

Post by Punkrunner62 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Do you park to the left or right of the trailer or somewhere else.Been donkeys years since i was last at the Hall.But will be there tomorrow.Any help appreciated as we do not want to spoil things for others.
Cheers.

rh226

Post by rh226 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:31 pm

That's assuming that John opens the gate early enough.
Cheers, Bob

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 pm

That is a very good point

I arrived early one time - forgetting that the gate didn't open until sunrise or 7 am etc and there was already a queue up Pollards lane which didn't exactly endear us to the locals and the post man.

rh226

Post by rh226 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:58 pm

John opens the gate at 07.15-07.20 only on Mondays to Fridays - when he goes to work.

Saturdays and Sundays it can be 08.30 or even later.
Cheers, Bob

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:11 am

Johns field is open now at 7:10 Saturday.

muffat

Post by muffat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 am

Never seen so many people flouting the rules in the field as I'm seeing today. People with cameras trampling the new growth. Vehicles being driven through the middle of the field and people having their picnics in the field. You try and have a polite word but that's a waste of time. Enjoy whiles't you can as I don't expect John to tolerate much longer.

Andy

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 am

Wilful damage of crops is covered by criminal law. You could call the police if you consider this a deliberate act of walking and/or driving on the crops. Only minor damage need be caused for the Act to apply. In addition the owner could also sue under civil law. Worth bearing in mind for anyone considering entering a field of crops, not just this case.

Return to “RAF Mildenhall”