Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

C5 at Mildenhall

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Mildenhall here
Scimiitry

C5 at Mildenhall

Post by Scimiitry » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:07 pm

In my quest to see some F22's arriving at Mildenhall today I made the trip over. They must have been too stealthy for me to spot (although the two on the ground were plain, or plane, enough..!)
I did see a C5 there - always a joy. Does anyone know when it is likely to leave? I've seen a few on the ground but desperately keen to see one actually flying again. Thanks to anyone who can help.

fires999

Re: C5 at Mildenhall

Post by fires999 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:47 am

Hi Scimiitry,
Think you will be pleased with what you see today :thumb:
I have sent you 2 PM , so check your inbox/messages

Regards,
Kev :clap: :clap:
" Who is Skyking ?.....And will he ever answer ? "

Scimiitry

Post by Scimiitry » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:57 pm

fires999 wrote:Hi Scimiitry,
Think you will be pleased with what you see today :thumb:
I have sent you 2 PM , so check your inbox/messages

Regards,
Kev :clap: :clap:
Hi Kev,

Thank you very much for the messages - very much appreciated. Unfortunately my Kitchen Pass was only valid for Saturday and by the time I organised one for today, and drove the 2 hrs over, I missed it departing by about 15 minutes! However, I DID manage to see the two F22''s depart plus their following tankers, and the E3 which is another aircraft I haven't seen flying for a long time, plus I made my first ever visit to The Mound so a very successful day! Thank you again.

stevedrews

Post by stevedrews » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi There
I am going to Mildenhall and Lakenheath next Thursday and Friday, also really wanting to catch a C5 landing or departing. I had been told there is a pattern to there European movements on a fortnightly rotation ? between US and Mildenhall then Mildenhall to Germany then back via same route. Any truth in this or is it pot luck ?
Yours Hopefully
Steve A

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:51 am

One week they should quick turn and the following week they remain over night at the Hall....that is if they don't cx or break before they make the trip over the pond.
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

stevedrews

Post by stevedrews » Fri May 05, 2017 10:18 am

A C5 at the Hall Friday 5th May, been told it arrived around 8am. Wondered if this was an overnight stay and so any departure time ? According to Mildenhall passenger terminal there is a roll call for a flight to Ramstien at 7.55 tomorrow morning wondered if that is the Galaxy or a 135 ? Cheers Steve A

rh226

Post by rh226 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:37 am

BOLLO wrote:One week they should quick turn and the following week they remain over night at the Hall....that is if they don't cx or break before they make the trip over the pond.
Last week it was a Q/T, so it looks like today's should be an overnight stay.

It arrived at 08.20 (10 min after the one went into Lakenheath) and prompted me to get out of bed. :lol:
Cheers, Bob

Scimiitry

Post by Scimiitry » Fri May 05, 2017 11:32 am

I'm gutted as I was really tempted to throw a sickie and head over to East Anglia this morning! If I'd have spotted that message in the Reach section about C5s in time, I probably would have done. Thanks for posting this - I may see if I can engineer a trip over tomorrow instead!

stevedrews

Post by stevedrews » Fri May 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks Bob
The wind direction makes the one at Lakenheath a better photo opportunity than John's field at Mildenhall other than heading to the mound (which I've never been to) I presume.
And yep I missed them coming in this morning as well but saw some pictures and saw them parked up, must say some great people at both bases over the last two days really friendly and helpful ☺ So it looks like the Mildenhall C5 is leaving tomorrow around mid morning but does anyone know when the Lakenheath one is departing ?
Thanks for the heads up on reach section as well, getting to know my way around slowly, just hope I put posts in the right sections.
Thanks for the info so far
Steve A

BOLLO

Post by BOLLO » Fri May 05, 2017 7:22 pm

Judging by last weeks departure of a C 3M from LN 06 he went high so ya may only get an underside shot of it ?Johns field will be the best as he will taxi out right in front of you to line up on 11 .
http://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?phgid=SHED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LOADES
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... _entry=140+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at last

What do cry when we see The Man With the Stick???

arch

Post by arch » Fri May 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Both due to depart saturday. Sorry can't give you times

stevedrews

Post by stevedrews » Fri May 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks for the info, really appreciated. Just been going through the photo sections really impressive stuff ☺ limited time tomorrow so unfortunately may have to wait until next trip if I can't narrow timings down. Everything comes to thee who waits.
Cheers gentlemen and happy spotting

stevedrews

Post by stevedrews » Thu May 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi All
Just wondering if there is a C5 at the Hall at the moment ? Passenger Terminal has a departure for tomorrow to Dover stating "aircraft in delay" Is this the one that returned frim Ramstein Tuesday but has gone U/S ?
Steve A

rh226

Post by rh226 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Correct, Steve.
Cheers, Bob

Return to “RAF Mildenhall”