Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

CA ANG F-15's

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Lakenheath here
slogen51

Re: CA ANG F-15's

Post by slogen51 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 am

10:15 Bobby 52 active on Mildenhall ground - contact TACC

rh226

Post by rh226 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 am

James Cutting wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:35 am
Iceland?

Isn't the Altrv for an Atlantic crossing...And why would they need 2 tankers for a journey they could do without them...? :S
A trip to Iceland would not have a Shanwick ALTRV posted.
Cheers, Bob

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:54 am

That's what I thought, just wondered why they suggest Iceland...
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

Blue Diamond

Post by Blue Diamond » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am

jaybee wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:03 pm
Sorry to hear about your efforts mate, and their cancellations...its all a risk going there. I'm not going to give any more departure information out, that I receive.
This is why perhaps lots of people won't say anything and are tight lipped about movements (they end in cancellations) ...JB
Your info was most welcome. Not your fault they had to cancel. I’m keen to see them depart so as to have one more go at togging them but realise that things can go wrong right up to the last second, it’s the nature of the hobby, nothing is ever guaranteed. So don’t let the occasional moaner get to you as I know the vast majority of people, myself included, appreciate the efforts made by people like yourself to provide us with info.
Fighting 92 - The King Cobras
http://www.92squadron.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.92squadron.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Blue Diamond wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am
jaybee wrote:
Sorry to hear about your efforts mate, and their cancellations...its all a risk going there. I'm not going to give any more departure information out, that I receive.
This is why perhaps lots of people won't say anything and are tight lipped about movements (they end in cancellations) ...JB
Your info was most welcome. Not your fault they had to cancel. I’m keen to see them depart so as to have one more go at togging them but realise that things can go wrong right up to the last second, it’s the nature of the hobby, nothing is ever guaranteed. So don’t let the occasional moaner get to you as I know the vast majority of people, myself included, appreciate the efforts made by people like yourself to provide us with info.
Hi Blue Diamond...Thanks for letting me know, the general consensus of opinion about this activity, and giving out a "Heads up tip" and it being positive. As you say in other words on your post,
its a case of buyer beware!....These days though nothing is guaranteed, and the internet acting like a soap box, spreading bad gossip quicker than a Chinese flu, doesn't help the cause :P
Oh the games people play now :ninja:

Blue Diamond

Post by Blue Diamond » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:06 am

jaybee wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:25 pm
Blue Diamond wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am
jaybee wrote:
Hi Blue Diamond...Thanks for letting me know, the general consensus of opinion about this activity, and giving out a "Heads up tip" and it being positive. As you say in other words on your post,
its a case of buyer beware!....These days though nothing is guaranteed, and the internet acting like a soap box, spreading bad gossip quicker than a Chinese flu, doesn't help the cause :P
I started this hobby when info spread by word of mouth and the grapevine so sometimes you’d find out what was happening in advance and could be in the right time. Often though it was simply a matter of turning up and waiting for things to happen. Nowadays some people want instant info served up on a plate.
Fighting 92 - The King Cobras
http://www.92squadron.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.92squadron.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi Blue Diamond...We are in the period of , "If he's got one, I want one, and if he can take a picture , I can take a better one! and why didn't I know about this...ha,ha(Help)..cheers JB
Oh the games people play now :ninja:

mikepam69

Post by mikepam69 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:11 am

I live in Northants and appreciate the info put on here regarding departures or arrivals .If they cancal or are delayed thats the nature of the business Thank you again Blue diamond for letting us all know on here as much as you can about the movements :thumb: 👍

Supra

Post by Supra » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:26 pm

There is information, dis-information & there is the 'Secret Squirrel Club' out there. This going to airfields malarkey isn't a hobby anymore, it's competition, combat, near brinkmanship on a war footing?.... to be where nobody else knows what & when it's happening! I am always grateful for any heads-up that allows me to make an informed decision on where to go. The rest is down to luck regarding whether the sun's out, the event is on time, or delayed by a multitude of factors.
Any shared advice/pre-knowledge is good, the opportunity to react upon that is solely with the Reader? Please keep posting anything you have. Normal Caveats apply! ;)

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:55 pm

Are they still about?

TB1

Post by TB1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:56 pm

No.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 am

Gareth