Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hi would like abit of help please

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Odiham here
Windy20

Hi would like abit of help please

Post by Windy20 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:46 pm

I am looking to go to Raf Odiham this Thursday 23 oct and would like a bit of help please
never been and would like to know if its busy or not and where is the best part for photo please :thumbs: Thanks Windy

markymash

Re: Hi would like abit of help please

Post by markymash » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:35 am

For a viewing guide read the sticky at the top of the Odiham forum.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:48 am

Hi

I visit Odiham several times a year (I must be mad!)

I do find the base is usually quite busy in the afternoon with extra bits coming up from Middle wallop and the occasional Merlin from Benson. Obviously there is no guarantee but on average I log about 6 chinooks (I have not yet visited since the new ZK55. batch have been delivered).

It does help to have good light when 'graphing Chinooks so you really need a nice sunny forecast.

I prefer it when they are on Easterlies so I can sit at the western end and also monitor Farnborough in-bounds but you can park at either end**

**parking is a bit tight at either end but there are some unofficial lay-bys etc and I have not been jostled but try not to impede the narrow country lanes. Best best is to get the missus to drop you off and go shopping for a couple of hours!

mike

Windy20

Post by Windy20 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi Mike Thank you for your post

Windy20

Post by Windy20 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:49 am

Just got back from Raf Odiam it was very hard to get photos of Chinooks and just bad all round.The Raf police was not nice as well and you can park at either end but not safe to do because the road is very fast cars and Raf police do not want you park out side the exits so it give you no choice to park on Harley Lane and which you are far away from Chinooks so do not rush to go Raf Odiham

Return to “RAF Odiham”