Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

B-52 Deployment info

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Fairford here

B-52 Deployment info

Postby Gary » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:54 am

Ok people

To try and keep the info all in the same place, i've created a shiny new section for you.

Tracking logs
viewforum.php?f=381

Photographs
viewforum.php?f=382
RAF Tornados left in service = 37 :( 434 ish days left in service
GR4 =31, GR4(T) =6
Gary

Re: B-52 Deployment info

Postby XA310 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 pm

This is deployment becoming a dream come true with 5 different B-52s at Fairford today.
XA310

Postby Geoff » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Are the B-52`s here at FFD for any length of time please? thanks...
Geoff

Postby AndyH69 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 pm

I have a very narrow window of opportunity to catch the B-52s. I was planning to visit pre-dawn tomorrow (Saturday) morning. Are all 5 floodlit and parked at the Marston Meysey end?

MTIA

Andy
AndyH69

Postby XA310 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:05 pm

I can not say for tomorrow but when I went to work this morning they were in the usual place at the MM end and flood lit.
XA310

Postby Spitfire88 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Geoff wrote:Are the B-52`s here at FFD for any length of time please? thanks...

These ones are here until the end of January but there will be bombers deployed at fairford pretty much permanently all year.
Spitfire88

Postby wezgulf3 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 pm

AndyH69 wrote:I have a very narrow window of opportunity to catch the B-52s. I was planning to visit pre-dawn tomorrow (Saturday) morning. Are all 5 floodlit and parked at the Marston Meysey end?

MTIA

Andy

Andy, all five are parked Marston Meysey end and should be easily seen from the crash gates at Marston and Rhymes.

Wes...
wezgulf3

Postby AndyH69 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Cheers Wes
AndyH69

Postby Geoff » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks Spitfire, much appreciated
Geoff

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Has the LA one escaped?
Dave Smith

Postby martmpf » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 pm

martmpf

Postby graham luxton » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 am

Dave Smith wrote:Has the LA one escaped?

There is no evidence to confirm that this is a 2nd Bomb Wing a/c Dave. The belief is that its assigned to the 23BS Minot. Its fitted with the same engine covers as the other 4 a/c - these are marked "5TH ACFT MX SQ" so if the engine covers fly with the a/c on deployment/redeployment, as I suspect they do, its a clincher that it belongs to Minot. Minot incidentally, is Notam'd closed until Tues 16th. Of the 5 H's present, 61-0018 is the only one which has been modified to be non-nuclear. In addition to nose art on the port side, it carries mission symbols and a tiny K inside a triangle, indicating that it has been attached to the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing at Al Udeid.
graham luxton

Postby grahamdevizes » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 am

Just got home after a quick visit to Fairford this morning, all five are clearly visible from the Marston Meysey end but only two are fully photographable, these two being both the "0005s". The other three are partly or almost totally obscured by buildings or grass mounds.
You can find me and more than 300 other enthusiasts at http://aviationforall.proboards.com
grahamdevizes

Postby slogen51 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:49 am

Much better view from the other side by Rymes although further away
slogen51

Postby BOLLO » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:42 am

graham luxton wrote:

There is no evidence to confirm that this is a 2nd Bomb Wing a/c Dave. The belief is that its assigned to the 23BS Minot. Its fitted with the same engine covers as the other 4 a/c - these are marked "5TH ACFT MX SQ" so if the engine covers fly with the a/c on deployment/redeployment, as I suspect they do, its a clincher that it belongs to Minot. Minot incidentally, is Notam'd closed until Tues 16th. Of the 5 H's present, 61-0018 is the only one which has been modified to be non-nuclear. In addition to nose art on the port side, it carries mission symbols and a tiny K inside a triangle, indicating that it has been attached to the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing at Al Udeid.

61-0018 was at FFD June 20015 fully marked up in MT tail code and did a mission as ICER 11 on the 17th.I have shots of him in the pattern and recovering after said mission.
BOLLO

Postby graham luxton » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 pm

BOLLO wrote:
graham luxton wrote:

61-0018 was at FFD June 20015 fully marked up in MT tail code and did a mission as ICER 11 on the 17th.I have shots of him in the pattern and recovering after said mission.

Sorry Paul but that was 60-0018. I was also there on the 17th as well as many other days. Took hours of video footage including close up stuff of crews getting on/off the a/c including 018 - no doubt it was a 1960- airframe.
graham luxton

Postby BOLLO » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:08 pm

:Oops: :Oops: Cheers . :lol:
BOLLO

Postby Johnny » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:04 am

I forgot it's a holiday date, could anyone say weather they fly on holiday dates
Johnny

Postby Rory76 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:38 am

Can’t say for definite, but seen quite a few posts on Facebook saying no flying today
Rory76

Postby nitro999 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:53 am

No NOTAM for today as at 8:55
www.virtualradaruk.com | Radarcape, Swindon (UK) | FR24: T-EGVA10 | Flightaware 16984
nitro999

Next

Return to RAF Fairford