Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Pair of orange aircraft?

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Lyneham here
RickIngham

Pair of orange aircraft?

Post by RickIngham » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Just had a call off my little brother to tell me a pair of orange aircraft are flying towards lyneham. Can anyone tell me what they are? Im thinking the blades? That said, iv just heard a rumble so possibly jets?

RichC

Re: Pair of orange aircraft?

Post by RichC » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Your rumble could have been one of the VC-10s coming back from AARA12 which was working Lyneham just now between 8000-5000ft.

No idea on "Orange" aircraft....

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:31 pm

Batman3 wrote:Just had a call off my little brother to tell me a pair of orange aircraft are flying towards lyneham. Can anyone tell me what they are? Im thinking the blades? That said, iv just heard a rumble so possibly jets?

Sounds like they've been Tango'd :lol: :lol: :lol:

GaryS

Post by GaryS » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:40 pm

All i've seen today on my travels were the ETPS 111 and the DC8.......Didn't hear anything else?

liam_lyneham

Post by liam_lyneham » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:59 pm

I was Working today, And i too rememeber seeing something small and orange on approach but i was busy marshalling a Griffen Helicopter. Whatever it was certainly didnt land. This thread actually reminded me... i was gonna ask the tower wat they were but i completely forgot about it.

Yeh only jets was the BAC111, The usual CIVI dc8, and A Valley Hawk doing a few touch and go's

RickIngham

Post by RickIngham » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:19 pm

Hmm strange. Thanks for the replies anyway :thumb:

Hope the gig goes well tomorow Liam :)

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Post by garyscott » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:54 am

Hiya, probably completely unrelated but when i used to work at Westlands in Yeovil, occasionally we would get beaten up by a dark orange, privately owned JP mk3. Chap used to work there and now and again would come tear-arsing in a few times, never landed. ;)
As far as i know the same chap still owns it, reg unsure, but he would always do a tour of several dromes and airbases.
May be the same guy(?). As for a pair though, im not sure, unless he has started a little group of sorts.
But definately used to be a "burnt orange" JP. Prior to repainting it was in standard RAF trainer livery.

:pop:

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:30 am

I had a dream about these orange aircraft last night. My Dad and I went the Mildenhall followed by Marham, but I left my car at Mildenhall, so we'd have to go back and get it! On the way to Marham, I got a good look at these orange aircraft, they were Tristar's in tight formation!

Hope that helps!

Steve

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Post by garyscott » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:17 am

SteveS wrote:I had a dream about these orange aircraft last night. My Dad and I went the Mildenhall followed by Marham, but I left my car at Mildenhall, so we'd have to go back and get it! On the way to Marham, I got a good look at these orange aircraft, they were Tristar's in tight formation!

Hope that helps!

Steve
LOL
:whistle: http://www.dreamtherapynow.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :whistle:
:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

Return to “RAF Lyneham”