Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hawk Red Arrow plaque

Do you collect patches or challenge coins, bought an interesting t-shirt from a base, some rare airshow programmes or even parts from military aircraft? This is the forum section for you!
SEG1

Hawk Red Arrow plaque

Post by SEG1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:40 pm

Forgive me but I’m new to this site. Many years ago when my young son was mad about the Red Arrows we picked up an embossed plaque from a boot sale. Size 13cm x 28cm.It has a Hawk Red Arrow XX260 and nine signatures embossed I guess these were the pilots of the time. The signarures we can read are Tim Watts, Steve Johnson, Richard Thomas, Brian ?, Malcolm?. It has hung in his bedroom but now he feels it is time to donate or sell it, if it’s worth anything at all. I’m happy to upload a photo if it’s of any interest. Hope to hear from somebody. Sue

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Re: Hawk Red Arrow plaque

Post by garyscott » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Got to be very early '80's time frame. Sqn Ldr Steve Johnson crashed at Brighton Marina after clipping a yacht mast. https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=55501
Last edited by garyscott on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:00 pm

From this link (bottom of page) the 1980 team were:

Sqn Ldr Brian Hoskins, Flt Lt Richard Thomas, Fit Lt Byron Walters,
Fit Lt Wyndham Ward, Fit Lt Steve Johnson, Fit Lt Malcolm Howell, Fit Lt Tim Watts,
Flt Lt Neal Wharton, Flt Lt Bernie Scott

Which fits nicely with all listed above.

Havinalaff

Post by Havinalaff » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi. I dont suppose you still have this. I know wyndham and itd be a great thing to put in his man cave.

Rich

Return to “Military Aviation Memorabilia”