Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Help needed - pics of 665 Squadron Army Air Corps patches

Do you collect patches or challenge coins, bought an interesting t-shirt from a base, some rare airshow programmes or even parts from military aircraft? This is the forum section for you!
Sky Dancer

Help needed - pics of 665 Squadron Army Air Corps patches

Post by Sky Dancer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:09 pm

Hello folks,

I'm working on a project concerning 665 Squadron AAC, based at Aldergrove. They have used the "Batman" symbol on their patches for a couple of decades now, here's an example - the famous "Paddy Don't Surf" patch:-

[img][IMG]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv30 ... urf22.jpeg[/img]/img]

I'm trying to find photos of rarer patches:-

1. Back circular patch, red bat, with an "Eightball" above the bat

2. Not sure if this even exists - but was there a red circular patch, with a black bat, but with a "G" above the bat instead of "665"???

If anyone out there has any photos of these patches, or of any others (I already have the blue "COD" one), or of any tie tacs or pin badges, that they would be willing to post here, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Of course, if you want rid of them, let me know....

All the best, thanks in advance,
Michael.

*** P.S. - I feel obliged to point out that "Paddy" can surf pretty well actually, Al Mennie was ranked 10th in the world in 2009 (not sure if he is higher or lower now) - but I suppose you can't fit all that on a patch.

Rc135

Re: Help needed - pics of 665 Squadron Army Air Corps patche

Post by Rc135 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:53 pm

The 665 Sqn patches you described are shown on www.bathead.com web site. Look under non-US Bat Insignia tab and then select Commonwealth Forces. I came across this site researching USAF Rc-135 bat patches. Lots of interesting Squadron patches which incorporate the bat are shown from around the world.
Peter

Sky Dancer

Post by Sky Dancer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi Peter,

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a million!

All the best,
Michael.

Rc135

Post by Rc135 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Glad I could help. As they say the information is out there somewhere. The trick is finding it. I came across the site a few years back and will contribute a few of my Bat patch collection photos in next week.
Peter

Return to “Military Aviation Memorabilia”