Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Leuchars 2013 Participation - Updated 04/09

Post information relating to Leuchars Airshow here
balamorybuzzed

Re: Leuchars 2013 Participation - Updated 01/08

Post by balamorybuzzed » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Squadron Prints wrote:As I said on another forum a few days ago . . .

Now with 32 days to go until the event I am VERY excited about this years show and can't wait! I cannot understand all you doubters out there - it will be a fab show and I as I have said before "It IS a great, value for money, day out". Rumours are abound as usual (some being completely stupid) but don't believe all you hear. As I said already, with 32 days to go, so what if there is only a few for static so far, there WILL be more and you all know that but maybe the airshow office are not ready to announce things yet as with over a month to go many things can change and nothing worse than a list of cancellations so until things are 100% sure of attending I don't think it should be announced. If you honesty believe it's only a few static aircraft then don't come! Most of you really know that there will be more but you need to understand there is still plenty of time for arrangements to be finally confirmed and believe me, negotiations are still on going. So what if there is no F16 flying, there will be something else and rmany of us already saw 3 displays at Waddington and some at RIAT - the airshow office efforts have been amazing and like Cilla used to say "Surprise Surprise" - I love surprises! :love: Come and support the airshow at Lovely Leuchars but Please, don't decry it before it happens they ARE still working on it, I know that because I had a meeting with the airshow office last week - they are all frantically busy, suffice to say "dot the i's and cross the t's" immediately sprung to mind :yahoo:

(Definition of "dot the i's and cross the t's" . . . . . to pay a great deal of attention to the details of something, especially when you are trying to complete a task,
which applies to this saying for example "The negotiations are nearly finished, but we still have to dot the i's and cross the t's")

I am excited and so SO looking forward to the show - have patience my friends I am sure you won't be disappointed :roll: :Wow:
This sort of promotion will cut absolutely no cloth with folk thinking of travelling from afar! I'm afraid it's not good enough less than 5 weeks from the Open Day. The static participation on the official site has been a shambles and I'm one of Leuchars biggest fans on here.

As for the lack of F-16 displays, it may mean nothing to you, but to the good folk of Scotland most of us haven't seen a Solo Display for 2 years now!

Squadron Prints

Post by Squadron Prints » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:05 pm

This sort of promotion will cut absolutely no cloth with folk thinking of travelling from afar! I'm afraid it's not good enough less than 5 weeks from the Open Day. The static participation on the official site has been a shambles and I'm one of Leuchars biggest fans on here.

As for the lack of F-16 displays, it may mean nothing to you, but to the good folk of Scotland most of us haven't seen a Solo Display for 2 years now!
Sorry you are disappointed in my post Mickey, it is a personal opinion, but with still 5 weeks to go the final confirmations are being firmed up now that the paperwork from crews are filtering in. I would far rather wait and see a list of confirmed aircraft rather than see a list of 'maybe's' and cancellations and disappoint those who are coming from afar. The lack of F-16's is out with the control of the airshow office and believe me I would LOVE to see an F-16 display at Leuchars, they ARE still trying to secure one but the lack of cash in military budgets it making smaller shows like Leuchars suffer - who knows though, things can change right up to the day! Maybe they have something else up their sleeve but then again maybe not.

It will be a great show regardless - they will have more static aircraft to announce, they will have more flying to announce and I for one will be there supporting my local event with great pride and acknowledging the efforts that has gone in to make this show actually happen! I will shed a tear when it finishes and who knows Mickey, even you may be pleased!

I look forward to having a chat at the show or at the end of the runway sometime rather than via a keyboard - please do come and say hello! :)

iain s

Post by iain s » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:16 pm

balamorybuzzed wrote:
Squadron Prints wrote:As I said on another forum a few days ago . . .

Now with 32 days to go until the event I am VERY excited about this years show and can't wait! I cannot understand all you doubters out there - it will be a fab show and I as I have said before "It IS a great, value for money, day out". Rumours are abound as usual (some being completely stupid) but don't believe all you hear. As I said already, with 32 days to go, so what if there is only a few for static so far, there WILL be more and you all know that but maybe the airshow office are not ready to announce things yet as with over a month to go many things can change and nothing worse than a list of cancellations so until things are 100% sure of attending I don't think it should be announced. If you honesty believe it's only a few static aircraft then don't come! Most of you really know that there will be more but you need to understand there is still plenty of time for arrangements to be finally confirmed and believe me, negotiations are still on going. So what if there is no F16 flying, there will be something else and rmany of us already saw 3 displays at Waddington and some at RIAT - the airshow office efforts have been amazing and like Cilla used to say "Surprise Surprise" - I love surprises! :love: Come and support the airshow at Lovely Leuchars but Please, don't decry it before it happens they ARE still working on it, I know that because I had a meeting with the airshow office last week - they are all frantically busy, suffice to say "dot the i's and cross the t's" immediately sprung to mind :yahoo:

(Definition of "dot the i's and cross the t's" . . . . . to pay a great deal of attention to the details of something, especially when you are trying to complete a task,
which applies to this saying for example "The negotiations are nearly finished, but we still have to dot the i's and cross the t's")

I am excited and so SO looking forward to the show - have patience my friends I am sure you won't be disappointed :roll: :Wow:

Plenty more out there apart from F-16 demos!
As for the static, bet a few quid there will be plenty to come out in due time, just chill and see!
God darn Internet spoiling it all again, get me back to the good old days sitting at Leuchars with just the scanner! Is it isn't it.

balamorybuzzed

Post by balamorybuzzed » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:30 pm

I wish it was the good old days!

kstater94

Post by kstater94 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:50 pm

you're all welcome to come over to my side of the pond and come out to Kansas where I live :D

We could attend the show at McConnell and compare lineups

oh

wait.....

Cheers!

John

prefontaine72

Post by prefontaine72 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:03 pm

It's okay Gill I will come and say hello to you, probably for the last ever Leuchars and give you a big hug :lol:

Anyway modern technology spoils it for me sometimes, as you said balamorybuzzed would like to back to the good old days, you just turn up

and see what happens :)

Hey Gill are you guy's going to be doing a book about Leuchars that would be awesome hint hint :thumbs:

All the best Dougie :D

And hey we haven't had an F-16 DEMO for 2 years now :@

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:12 pm

I don't understand the modern day enthusiast any more. At one Airshow in the UK they get a few F-16 displays and some people are disappointed that they did not get to see the Viggen and on another show in the UK they are getting to see this fantastic Viggen and people are disappointed that they don't get to see an F-16 display... Air show organisers really can't win can they?

I am grateful that there is a show at Leuchars this year. Enjoy it when we can! This show is likely not going to be there forever... :@

np1991

Post by np1991 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Well said Chuck.
Cheers Niall

Nikon D7200
Nikon 70-200mm f2.8
Nikon 300mm f2.8
Nikon 18-140mm

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/59398793@N03/

balamorybuzzed

Post by balamorybuzzed » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Chuck wrote:I don't understand the modern day enthusiast any more. At one Airshow in the UK they get a few F-16 displays and some people are disappointed that they did not get to see the Viggen and on another show in the UK they are getting to see this fantastic Viggen and people are disappointed that they don't get to see an F-16 display... Air show organisers really can't win can they?

I am grateful that there is a show at Leuchars this year. Enjoy it when we can! This show is likely not going to be there forever... :@
Of course it will be great to see the Viggen but this is Leuchars, and this show, currently on paper at least, cannot hold a candle to Leuchars' finest shows of the past! You can dress it up as much as you like but the facts on paper do not tell a lie! I know it's hard for the Airshow Team and their efforts are to be applauded but until last week there was only a single Gr-4 on the static line up 5 weeks from the show. Do you all think that's good promotion for the Show?

prefontaine72

Post by prefontaine72 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Yeah would like to say also on the RAF Leuchars Facebook mentions, that further announcements will be made

over the coming weeks, including details of a number of exciting overseas participants :thumbs:

As I said agree with both Chuck and Balamorybuzzed , here was me thinking I was an old enthusiast oh well :lol:

All the best Dougie :thumb:

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Interesting, will definitely keep keep an eye on these developments.

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:03 pm

I know it's hard for the Airshow Team and their efforts are to be applauded but until last week there was only a single Gr-4 on the static line up 5 weeks from the show. Do you all think that's good promotion for the Show?
Balamorybuzzed - I hear what you are saying, but such negativity does not do any good for the show either does it? The air show team doing their utmost, during very difficult times, to make it the best show possible. Like you say, they are to be applauded for their efforts. Let us just support them and not harp on about what they should have done! And believe you me, the team is just as gutted as you that certain aircraft are not (yet) on the list. But it isn't for the lack of trying!

Squadron Prints

Post by Squadron Prints » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:35 pm

cannot hold a candle to Leuchars' finest shows of the past!
I don't think any air show can live up to what they had in the past as the assets and funding are just not there any more! At least we don't have the same level of cancellations that the USA have! :(

vassylad

Post by vassylad » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:05 am

Hello guys me and my girlfriend are heading to the airshow from Liverpool, and the participants look good, I am trying to find some accommodation near to leuchars but finding it near impossible do you guys have any ideas, I appreciate this may not be the place to write this and I apologise but alas it is airshow related.

Michael

venom

Post by venom » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:53 am

balymore buz is only speaking the truth the line up is rubbish basic i am still hopeful of a voyager or maybe wishful thinking as to chris m i take it you dont know much about aircraft

Chris Melaisi

Post by Chris Melaisi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:09 am

venom wrote:balymore buz is only speaking the truth the line up is rubbish basic i am still hopeful of a voyager or maybe wishful thinking as to chris m i take it you dont know much about aircraft
Much about aircraft?! :lol:

I do mate, I just know what a real aircraft is other than this modern Airbus rubbish in which you are hoping for!

Maybe You should stop moaning about the Leuchars line up 24/7 and have some blinking patience.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:12 am

Chris Melaisi wrote:
venom wrote:balymore buz is only speaking the truth the line up is rubbish basic i am still hopeful of a voyager or maybe wishful thinking as to chris m i take it you dont know much about aircraft
Much about aircraft?! :lol:

I do mate, I just know what a real aircraft is other than this modern Airbus rubbish in which you are hoping for!

Maybe You should stop moaning about the Leuchars line up 24/7 and have some blinking patience.
Very well said Chris. :thumb:

venom

Post by venom » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:24 am

its the raf s newest arcraft i would like to see it you dont know what agood airshow is :grr: iv been to riat alconbury and leuchars since 1972 so i think i know what im taking about well said mr venom i must say :grr:

venom

Post by venom » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:42 am

people are paying good money so want to see good aircaft if this is to be the last lets make it the bes not the worst

balamorybuzzed

Post by balamorybuzzed » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:50 am

vassylad wrote:Hello guys me and my girlfriend are heading to the airshow from Liverpool, and the participants look good, I am trying to find some accommodation near to leuchars but finding it near impossible do you guys have any ideas, I appreciate this may not be the place to write this and I apologise but alas it is airshow related.

Michael
Hi Michael,

I would try checking St Andrews Hotels and Guest House Association in google. It will have most of the B and Bs available. The problem at this time of year is that the Open Day falls slap bang in the middle of the Autumn Meeting of the R and A so there tends to be limited vacancies unless you are quick off the mark! Best of luck and let's hope for a brilliant weekend!

Mikey

Return to “Leuchars”