Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF Leuchars Battle of Britain at Home Day 2013

Post information relating to Leuchars Airshow here
prefontaine72

Re: RAF Leuchars Battle of Britain at Home Day 2013

Post by prefontaine72 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Brilliant update there and still 3 months to go :thumb:

The theme this year is 'Attack and Protect' so hopefully plenty from the home team, what you think guys?

All the best Dougie :D

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:39 pm

May I just say, this is the last opportunity I'm going to have before the Airshow to get on here but Good and Best of Luck to everyone both involved with the organising and attending the Show, Let's hope we all enjoy the Day, and that the Weather is behaving itself especially for Friday and Saturday(Fingers Crossed).

Good Luck and Best Wishes....................

balamorybuzzed

Post by balamorybuzzed » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:47 am

Ditto! Let's hope for a grand day Unknown!

Best wishes

Mikey :)

leuchars12

Post by leuchars12 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:52 am

Leuchars air show what a joke the flight line has been pushed back nearly on top of the static planes
Speakers are in view in every test shot so far
Really peed off

ranger703

Post by ranger703 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:52 am

leuchars12 wrote:Leuchars air show what a joke the flight line has been pushed back nearly on top of the static planes
Speakers are in view in every test shot so far
Really peed off
Are you for real?? You have been there for what? Less than an hour when you posted this! I could understand if you were a professional photographer, well maybe not,if you were you would make the best of the situation and not winge about it! Then again you quite often post your pictures for everyone to see,NOT! Get a grip and enjoy the day man,some of us are not able to be there.

onemac

Post by onemac » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 am

Well said Mr Ranger. Perhaps leuchars12 picked the wrong spot to stand as there are no speakers in any of my pics. I applaud the organisers for having the crowd line free of traders making more room for the paying public - a real bonus these past few years. Really enjoyed the show - every minute of it.

Well done DJ and all who helped to make the last RAF Leuchars Battle of Britain at Home Day the roaring success that it was :clap: :clap: :clap:

Al

leuchars12

Post by leuchars12 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 pm

lol i wont get involved from a slagging match flight line rope was far to close to the static line most of us had to move away from the dutch tanker as they started up its engines for 20 mins about 10 spectators had to move as the noise was deafing
i was at 08 end and most shots of take offs had some sort of speakers on them now remember guys not all of us have expensive lenses for the basic joe bloggs it was a pain at one point the rope was actually force way fwrd at one point because some of the tanker static planes were far to close to the spectator line and at times it was like sardines

Ross Forsyth

Post by Ross Forsyth » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:08 pm

I`d imagine all the KDC-10 did was start his APU up,if he had indeed started his engines most of you would have found yourself in the fortunate position of being on the southside of the display line with the sun on your back!

Chris Melaisi

Post by Chris Melaisi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:08 pm

leuchars12 wrote:lol i wont get involved from a slagging match flight line rope was far to close to the static line most of us had to move away from the dutch tanker as they started up its engines for 20 mins about 10 spectators had to move as the noise was deafing
i was at 08 end and most shots of take offs had some sort of speakers on them now remember guys not all of us have expensive lenses for the basic joe bloggs it was a pain at one point the rope was actually force way fwrd at one point because some of the tanker static planes were far to close to the spectator line and at times it was like sardines
Was the noise deafing, aye?

onemac

Post by onemac » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:21 pm

leuchars12 wrote:lol i wont get involved from a slagging match
Cool.
leuchars12 wrote:flight line rope was far to close to the static line most of us had to move away from the dutch tanker as they started up its engines for 20 mins about 10 spectators had to move as the noise was deafing
Bummer - because all it would have taken was for you to wander north east a few yards and there was oodles of space between the crowd line and the burger vans. Ear plugs and ear defenders were on sale at the show at reasonable prices from many traders - you should expect noise at an airshow (great tip for the future).
leuchars12 wrote:i was at 08 end and most shots of take offs had some sort of speakers on them now remember guys not all of us have expensive lenses for the basic joe bloggs
All it would have taken (regardless of lens size) was a few practice pans to establish when NOT to press the shutter release or wander up the crowd line until the speakers were out of the way.

leuchars12 wrote:it was a pain at one point the rope was actually force way fwrd at one point because some of the tanker static planes were far to close to the spectator line and at times it was like sardines
I had no problem with my 28-135mm lens when standing just up from the tankers - crowd was thin enough to wander up and down to get the shot without me having to force the rope forward.

Now I'm not going to get involved in a slagging match either but with a little thought and minimal effort you could have had a great day on the crowd line. Instead you berate the efforts of the organising team and come back on the forum to clearly reiterate your views. You are entitled of course but if you are going to continue to moan about things that you did nothing about then my opinion is you may have more members telling you to man up.

Al

np1991

Post by np1991 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:26 pm

leuchars12 wrote:lol i wont get involved from a slagging match flight line rope was far to close to the static line most of us had to move away from the dutch tanker as they started up its engines for 20 mins about 10 spectators had to move as the noise was deafing
:S What was so hard about moving? It's not as if you had to stay at that particular part of the airfield.

I've had a great five days in Fife. Well done to the Airshow Organisers :clap:
Cheers Niall

Nikon D7200
Nikon 70-200mm f2.8
Nikon 300mm f2.8
Nikon 18-140mm

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/59398793@N03/

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm not getting involved and I refuse to comment.

Very, very well said Al, Ross, Chris & Niall. :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :lol:
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

Return to “Leuchars”