Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Recommend me an airshow?

Post information on other airshows and events here.
robstopper

Recommend me an airshow?

Post by robstopper » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:42 am

I fancy going to a show for the first time in years and years. I've been to the ASDA-sponsored "On Your Marks" charity track day at Brunters for the last few years, so have had the benefit of their free shows at the lunch break, but there won't be an airshow in this years' running of the event.

Can anyone recommend a decent show for me? WW2 warbirds and more modern fastmovers are what I'm after to take photos of. I'd thought about the East Kirkby show, but it's a pain to get to for me, and they're advising pre-booking tickets, which is a risk driving that far if the weather is pants. South East England area ideally too.

I'm thinking I may just have to bite the bullet and brave the traffic and crowds at Duxford in September, but the memories of the last Duxford show I went to, and the hours it took to get out of the venue, are still painful!!

TIA.

Supra

Re: Recommend me an airshow?

Post by Supra » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:04 am

East Kirkby doesn't really fit your wishlist & is a ways from Suffolk!! Duxford geographically & performer-wise fits your bill, but you missed the 'May Airshow' & 'Legends', so it's all down to the 'September Airshow' now?
Do the Duxford show & use the Park & Ride to make entry & Exit painless!.... It will STILL be pre-booked tickets though, although you can do that online up to a day before the event [Refer to the website for details]. HTH.

robstopper

Re: Recommend me an airshow?

Post by robstopper » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:07 am

thanks for that, didn't realise there was P&R at Duxford. Will give it some consideration!

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”