Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Blackbushe 75th Anniversary show

Post information on other airshows and events here.
peasus911

Blackbushe 75th Anniversary show

Post by peasus911 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Have just got back from the 75th Blackbushe Show. I would like to say a huge well done to all involved in organising a terrific event. From start to finish the whole occasion was a delight.
There was no actual display routines from aircraft, simply a few flypast in different formats with some doing touch and go's. The static was arranged superbly. You could walk right around most of them and some were open for the public. I went inside the Percival Pembroke and the Catalina. Security staff (I think from Right Guard Security) were excellent, they were happy and polite and kept the lines moving very professionally. We parked at the far end of the airfield and British Airways Coaches shuttled us all to the entrance. I went back later on the coach for my seat and food again with no hassle. I had a perfect lazy Saturday today and would like to say its a delight to be positive about the whole event. Well done everyone and good luck for tomorrow. :clap: :clap: :clap:

jeallen01

Re: Blackbushe 75th Anniversary show

Post by jeallen01 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:13 pm

TBH, I am afraid that my impression (and that of my wife) was very contrary to the above:
- I was disappointed in seeing all the planes that flew - and many did not, or were substituted, without any apparent explanations on the tannoy - just did a couple of flybys and circuits and then landed or left, and the timings did not in much any way match to the list inserted into the programme.
- the static displays were quite good, but many lacked decent explanatory notices
- our BA Shuttle from the carpark to the show area was OK except that it was a showing a Zone E sign whereas we were at Bustop B1 (and that caused us to ask for the wrong Zone area bus when we tried to leave at the end of the show),
AND THEN
- the shuttle buses back to the carparks were TOTALLY screwed up (not their fault) by some idiot in the Tower letting the Catalina (Miss Pickup) be towed halfway from the static area to the Eastern end of the runway, where it then sat for about 25 mins with apparently nothing-to-very-little happening. That held up ALL the shuttle buses from either leaving the passenger pickup area or returning again from delivering passengers to the car parks - and, as result, dozens, if not hundreds, of people had to wait in what was by then blazing sun or on the buses (many got off because they could not stand the heat), and then some even chose the quite long walk back around the perimeter fence to their cars. Why the hell the Tower guys could not have got either the Cat quickly towed back to the static area or onwards to the end of the runway is totally beyond me - in fact they should never even have allowed the plane to be moved towards the runway right at the end of the show when most people were trying to leave. :roll:

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”