Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Weston Air Festival 2017- 17th & 18th June

Post information on other airshows and events here.
mark.alan.barnes

Re: Weston Air Festival 2017- 17th & 18th June

Post by mark.alan.barnes » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Very enjoyable day in Weston yesterday. I parked on the beach so was caught out by being sent South of the action.

I presume the 'Post Shoreham' measure is well intended but there were innumerable numbers of people that I observed failing to be able to push wheelchairs and pushchairs through soft sand to actually get to the event.

Anyway, there was enough stuff to make me want to go back: BBMF pair was a sole Hurricane (favourite aircraft so thumbs up from me!), RAFAT flew as an eight ship with Red 9 ill but full display.

Typhoon: What's not to like?

Catalina was lovely. It's been a long time since I've seen it with the sun out!

Travel was relatively painless but a massive thankyou to to Marshalls on the beach for sending the usual idiots who try to push in to the back of the queue!

Oh! MH434 and Hangar 11's superb P51 also made the 120 mile trip worthwhile.

Exceptionally good day out. My thanks to all those who made it happen.
Last edited by mark.alan.barnes on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

grogresaurus77

Post by grogresaurus77 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:38 pm

I had a great day out there yesterday (Saturday). 3.5k photos taken suggests I've got "the bug" back somewhat... Typhoon, P-51, Whirlwind, Catalina, Red Arrows and that mental biplane at the start all highlights.

UKADGE

Post by UKADGE » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:02 pm

I attended the show on the Sunday, despite a better program on paper it seems Saturday was the better day. The day was also spoilt by the public totally disregarding the taped of exclusion zone... (After the RED ARROWS ) forcing the organizers to push the display line further and further out. No marshals on the crowd line, and a half hearted effort to round them up with vehicles,, and a hovercraft later. The problem continued throughout the display, with displaying pilots informing flying control of the incursion in to the exclusion zone. a great day spoilt by lack of foresight and organization on the day.
I FEAR NOTHING 'NIL TIME' 501 SQUADRON MOTO.

KIT MVT-7100 BCT 15X and indispensable VOXCorder on PC

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm

I agree with most of UKADGE comments, if the flight line gets any further out it may be better to watch from South Wales. I attended both days and I actually enjoyed Sundays display rather than Saturday's, with the added bonus I could drive out of the car park straight away on Sunday rather than the least half hour queue on Saturday. Certainly worth going to both days as it's my nearest show.

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”