Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Clacton times

Post information on other airshows and events here.
TankBuster

Clacton times

Post by TankBuster » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:48 am

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone could tell me what time the flying display kicks off at Clacton airshow on Thurs & Fri? Also, in particular what time is the Vulcan scheduled to display on Thurs, as I am working nearby and would like to sneak out for that display :ninja: :D .

Cheers,
TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

paullangford

Re: Clacton times

Post by paullangford » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:48 pm

TankBuster wrote:Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone could tell me what time the flying display kicks off at Clacton airshow on Thurs & Fri? Also, in particular what time is the Vulcan scheduled to display on Thurs, as I am working nearby and would like to sneak out for that display :ninja: :D .

Cheers,
TankBuster
I don't know the exact times, but the formation with the 2 Lancs are overhead at these times for Thursday

- Overhead the eastern edge of Lincoln at approx. 13:30
- Overhead RAF Coningsby at 13:45
- Overhead RAF Marham at 14:00

The Vulcan will then make it's own way to Clacton afterwards.....hope this helps somewhat

nd11uk

Post by nd11uk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:54 am

Display times as I can gather for today (Thursday) start at 1230 with the Air Ambulance, the Vulcan due at approx 1430 and BBMF at 1500, then Typhoon as the last display.

DaveSheffield

Post by DaveSheffield » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:27 am

Today (Friday);

Tucano 1309, Reds 1500, both from their respective twitter accounts.

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Thanks guys,

I managed to see the Vulcan and the BBMF/Canadian Lanc displays yesterday. Today I spent the whole day on the beach with the family enjoying the show. It is the first time that I have purposely left my camera at home, and I'm glad I did as it was nice to just sit down and take it all in.

I have to say that in the past two or three years the Clacton show has got better and better :thumbs: .

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”