Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Visiting in March.

Please post movements and activities for RNAS Culdrose and Predannack here
flyingslug_0

Visiting in March.

Post by flyingslug_0 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi all, I'm planning a trip to Culdrose in March, The last time I was there was back in the 80s. I suspect things have changed a lot since my last visit. Could someone please give me some pointers on the best places to view? I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

Kindest Regards

Craig :thumbs:

paul simmons

Re: Visiting in March.

Post by paul simmons » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi Craig
The public viewing enclosure is as good as anywhere, it's signposted but just follow the main road past the base and keep turning left to find it. If it's photos your after then the enclosure is ok AM for landing shots on runway 30. During the afternoon the light is more tricky, you can park in a small layby near the approach lights and position your self the other side of the centreline. For runway 12 approaches (over Helston) then take a small road that runs to the right of the cottage hospital, drive for about a mile through the trees, when you get in the clear there's a small parking space that will give you a good view of the approach and the right side (PM) for photos (you can't see the base to well from here though)
The biggest difference you will notice since your last visit is .......... it's A LOT quieter!!!!
Enjoy your trip
Paul

flyingslug_0

Post by flyingslug_0 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:53 am

That's great Paul, thank you ever so much :thumbs: :cool:

flyingslug_0

Post by flyingslug_0 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:25 am

Arrived at the viewing area and within minutes a Hawk arrived. Apart from that it is very quiet :'(

Seaking93

Post by Seaking93 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:12 am

You should have also seen another depart as one has just arrived from CU here at VL, don't forget that like VL the base should be going on Easter leave today at 1300

Return to “RNAS Culdrose & Predannack”