Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Culdrose 20/08/14

Please post movements and activities for RNAS Culdrose and Predannack here
MRTT

Culdrose 20/08/14

Post by MRTT » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Spent about 30 minutes at Culdrose today but didn't see much- below is what I did spot

FLYING
RN Beechcraft Avenger T1 Perform A Circuit (Wasn't actually at the airfield, was driving through Helston- I also saw one in Porthleven.
RN Sea King HU5 Take Off

GROUND
RN Merlin Towed Out of Hangar- Did not take off
RNHF Sea Fury Sat In The Hangar
Westland Wessex (Dummy Deck)
Westland Sea King (Dummy Deck)

Aircraftpaulcornwall

Re: Culdrose 20/08/14

Post by Aircraftpaulcornwall » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi BrizeWatcher,
Interesting observations and it is a pity as there was not more going on for you to see.
As I understand it, things are fairly quiet at the base in general - they are on their summer hols at the moment,
so the lack of flying is probably understandable.
For a couple of weeks now over here, apart from an odd Merlin, a rare Avenger and the occasional overflying SAR Sea King, there
has been very little to see and hear. Let's hope that it all improves when it gets back to normal! --Paul :thumb:

MRTT

Post by MRTT » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Aircraftpaulcornwall wrote:Hi BrizeWatcher,
Interesting observations and it is a pity as there was not more going on for you to see.
As I understand it, things are fairly quiet at the base in general - they are on their summer hols at the moment,
so the lack of flying is probably understandable.
For a couple of weeks now over here, apart from an odd Merlin, a rare Avenger and the occasional overflying SAR Sea King, there
has been very little to see and hear. Let's hope that it all improves when it gets back to normal! --Paul :thumb:
Thanks mate, yeah it is a shame- whenever I pop in not much seems to be happening. I can tell you there had certainly not been much flying over!! I usually see loads from St Agnes but I have seen b***** all over the past week.

NickB

Post by NickB » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:35 am

So the 'fury is still at CU then. Thought it might have been dismantled and roaded back to VL by now.
Here's hoping it has a speedy rebuild back to flying condition and we can hear that mighty (if troublesome (!)) Centaurus once again. :-)

Seaking93

Post by Seaking93 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:31 pm

NickB wrote:So the 'fury is still at CU then. Thought it might have been dismantled and roaded back to VL by now.
Here's hoping it has a speedy rebuild back to flying condition and we can hear that mighty (if troublesome (!)) Centaurus once again. :-)
Being dismantled as we speak to allow it to transit the single track A30 sections on its way back to North Weald

Red Hound

Post by Red Hound » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:56 am

Seaking93 wrote:
NickB wrote:So the 'fury is still at CU then. Thought it might have been dismantled and roaded back to VL by now.
Being dismantled as we speak to allow it to transit the single track A30 sections on its way back to North Weald
Getting from Culdrose to the A30, I would imagine, would be even more of a challenge than the single carriage way bits of the A30.

The summer leave period is coming to an end and things should return to normal from Tuesday, hopefully. I believe there maybe some squadron families days coming up which might result in something of interest.

Return to “RNAS Culdrose & Predannack”