Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RNAS Yeovilton - What is Your View on the 2013 Air Day?.

Post information relating to Yeovilton airshow here.
eagle driver

Re: RNAS Yeovilton - What is Your View on the 2013 Air Day?.

Post by eagle driver » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 pm

I have read with some amusment the comments posted here about the annual arrival day debarcle surely there must be some one in control of these events that has some kind of knowledge about arranging these days .
To date and this is just going back to the last three years when i last bothered to go on a friday the navy/security just make it as hard as possible for the public to access the airfield .
personally now i find the best time to visit this show is first thing sunday morning that way most of the partisipants are still there there is no one trying his hardest to get in your way and you can see all that you require in 15-20 mins max and be gone with no quees,s to worry about .

Dunk

Re: RNAS Yeovilton - What is Your View on the 2013 Air Day?.

Post by Dunk » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Yeovilton was a cracking weekend. Spenty Friday by the Southside crash gate, just where the naughty field exclusion zone ended. Took a 2.5 mile hike to get there in sweltering conditions - but worth it for the Gripen topsides alone!

Saturdays show was great. Drove straight in to the Hunter car park, no delays, small queue had formed to get in for the mad rush to grab some frontage.

Static was stupidly barriered - what is the point in putting barriers around an aircraft so tight that you can still touch it?! The Grob up the Hawks backside was a joke. However, the aircraft and crews that were on display were superb, more than happy to show anyone around that cared to ask by the look of things.

Flying display was also varied and good. displays with flares look so much better.

Took 4 litres of water with me so no water issues - forecast was hot, so used some common sense!

Finale is something unique to yeovilton, and worth the entrance fee alone. Just superb.

Value for money is second to none, £20 for a cracking day out is cheap as chips - which, ironically, were not so cheap!

Dunk

Return to “Yeovilton”