Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Yeovilton Arrivals

Post information relating to Yeovilton airshow here.
pawlee1

Re: Yeovilton Arrivals

Post by pawlee1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Harry, you can get on the field at - 1st Entry Time: 1300-1430, or you could try locations shown on link.

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk ... vilton.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suspect a lot of the locations in the link will be unavailable to park by but that gives you an idea where to go.

Still have a great day and also enjoy your trip to Florennes. :thumb:
hth

pawlee
Last edited by pawlee1 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pawlee1

Post by pawlee1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Harry, you have been to Yeovilton before ?

pawlee1

Post by pawlee1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Right, If you open the link, Find the A by the FAA MUseum, the white bit by the 'A' is the where they usually park quite a few of the of the Lynx's, you can see these from point ' I ' . Will it be OK to do this explanation in stages ?

pawlee1

Post by pawlee1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:38 pm

That good Harry, Move along to the Museum, the road that says FAA, drop straight down from FAA to a collection of buildings, that white part there is where the static is, you may or may not be able to see any of the static due to Tents, Fuel Bowsers etc, but its worth a look. OK so far ?

pawlee1

Post by pawlee1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Right, you now need to get around the other side of the field, so follow that same road along from the Museum towards the Ilchester/ A37 sign then turn left, now sometimes they block that road off, which means you will have to backtrack and come in from the Bridgehampton end. Drive towards the end of the runway. points ' D ' & ' E ' should give you good views of the Helicopter Assault line, which will be parked where the point ' C ' is .

pawlee1

Post by pawlee1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Next you need to get to points ' G ' & ' H ' I think the FAA chapel ( by the end of 04 runway ) is signposted but I'm not certain, anyway you need to take a left off of that back road, from these points you can look straight across the runway to hopefully see more of the static,flying , now look where the runways cross follow main runway to the right and the white space below is where some of the flying aircraft may be parked. If you look 90 degrees right from points ' G ' & ' H ' there may be some BDR airframes to be seen. Points ' L ' ' M ' and ' N ' may be useful but I've not beeen to those myself.
I think your main problem will be parking but should be OK if your fit.
Still, this will give you a fair crack at the planes on the ground but you'll still miss some but thats about all I can think of.
One other thing when your at the Museum end see if you can go up the Museum steps to look out across the static, might give you a bonus number or two.
Still hope you can get all you need from the directions and if you have any more queries let me know
All the best Harry :thumbs:
pawlee

pawlee1

Post by pawlee1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Harry, I don't know about approach shots, but I reckon if you ask the question on the Yeovilton page someone will help you out :clap:

pawlee

Return to “Yeovilton”