Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Traffic/Parking

Post information relating to Yeovilton airshow here.

Traffic/Parking

Postby Rory76 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:23 am

What's the traffic and parking situation like? Is it any worse/better than Fairford or Cosford (the only ones I've done recently). I tend to arrive early, and stick around rather than try and beat the traffic.

Cheers.
Rory76

Re: Traffic/Parking

Postby seacat192 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:26 am

From my experience over the last 35+ years, things tend to flow quite well, slowly at times, but you don't seem to stop for very long.

Don't know which direction you will be travelling from, but on the exit, there can be delays as you queue to join or cross the A303 at the eastern end and also at Podimore Roundabout.

Last time I parked on the Ilchester end of the site, there were long queues due to an RTC in Ilchester itself, but this usually flows well once you're out of the car park - but be aware of people forming new queues and pushing their way past in the car parks :grr: :grr: :grr:

Hope this helps
Roger
SPOTM Winner, May 2016 (US Navy or US Marine Corps aircraft). Thanks for your votes

FLICKR: www.flickr.com/photos/ilminsterpix2014
seacat192

Postby Rory76 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:46 am

THanks Roger. :thumbs:
Rory76

Postby Alfie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:31 pm

I have had problems getting out in the past, but last year everything seem to flow much better and people directing traffic getting out knew the area and advised which way to go avoiding any delays re-joining the A303 (Which is the major London - Exeter trunk road, always busy in the summer) If you get there early, parking shouldn't be a problem, but you may have to queue to get in to the airfield. Perhaps if you P.M me and tell me which direction you are coming from I may be able to give you more information.
Alfie

Postby Alfie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:33 pm

I have had problems getting out in the past, but last year everything seemed to flow much better and people directing traffic getting out knew the area and advised which way to go avoiding any delays re-joining the A303 (Which is the major London - Exeter trunk road, always busy in the summer) If you get there early, parking shouldn't be a problem, but you may have to queue to get in to the airfield. Perhaps if you PM me and tell me which direction you are coming from I may be able to give you more help and information.
Alfie

Return to Yeovilton